Feedback for new running gear (Read 1990 times)

That being said, I don't see what's unreasonable about purchasing a few pairs of the same shoe if it's a great shoe. Shoe technology doesn't necessarily advance the way computers do, so why not buy more than one pair if it was economically feasible and assuming these were the most kick a$$ pair of shoes you ever purchased? Maybe I'm missing something here?

Yeah, it IS a good idea especially when all the shoe manufacturers change the model every year.  But the rubber loses its elasticity after so long (can't remember, something like 2 years or even less???) so, unless you're a minimalist and don't worry too much about a little bit hard rubber, or you're very economical and loss of elasticity of the rubber won't affect you much, it may not be the ideal thing.  Or, depending on the kind of rubber they use, they even get very britle and breaks down (been there, done that).  If you store in your garage through a hot and humid summer, the adhesive may be affected and pieces may start to come off.  If you store your shoes in a garage or some cold space during the winter, again, adhesive may be affected adversely; or if you wear them and get it sweaty and then if it freezes, the upper material may get expanded and start to break down...  These are some of the reasons why you should never EVER leave your shoes in the car, or in the truck, if you work out in the morning and bring your gym stuff to your work, leave your shoes in the car when the temp may raise to 150F; or, like in MN, when your sweaty shoes may freeze.  Do make sure you bring them in the office (regardless of how smelly they may be) and keep them there during the day.   

"And it is a reflective belt with a pouch"

No way. It's a fanny pack with a reflective strip.

You got chocolate on my peanut butter.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
        xor

But the (giant?) pouch goes... up front.

How come the other thread got censored and this one didn't?  They're kind of the same thing except this one starts out a little lest honest about what it is.

I'm kind of bummed nobody got to see my "fill it with rocks and it could be a good weapon" comment.  That was gold.

Runners run

xor

I don't know which moderator locked the other thread, but I now have a PM from the author wondering why I censored it.

Moderators, pretty please call your shots.

Help me out with the name "The Wogger".  If you are marketing to runners, evoking "jogging" may not help you.  Replacing the J with a W?  For walkers and joggers?

And it is a reflective belt with a pouch.  Why is this a wogger?

Yep, the name makes me think of walker and joggers. 

The reflective strap doesn't strike me as anything that special. Someone in the headlamp thread said he wears a headlamp around his waist. Maybe you could look into making a lampbelt (lightbelt?) for running as not everyone likes wearing a headlamp.

Anyway, assuming it's designed to be worn around the waist, yeah, it's a fanny pack.

Which makes this like when the post office spent a year congratulating itself for coming out with self-adhesive stamps.  Yay, USPS, you invented the sticker!  Just like the ones that have come on every banana I've ever eaten.

Runners run

xor

I dunno man.  If the pocket part goes up front, that's less a 'fanny pack' and more a 'fupak'.

Yikes.

Runners run

A Saucy Wench

darn it my incredibly pithy cutdown on thread #3 was blocked.  Too slow

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

Yeah, it IS a good idea especially when all the shoe manufacturers change the model every year.  But the rubber loses its elasticity after so long (can't remember, something like 2 years or even less???) so, unless you're a minimalist and don't worry too much about a little bit hard rubber, or you're very economical and loss of elasticity of the rubber won't affect you much, it may not be the ideal thing.  Or, depending on the kind of rubber they use, they even get very britle and breaks down (been there, done that).  If you store in your garage through a hot and humid summer, the adhesive may be affected and pieces may start to come off.  If you store your shoes in a garage or some cold space during the winter, again, adhesive may be affected adversely; or if you wear them and get it sweaty and then if it freezes, the upper material may get expanded and start to break down...  These are some of the reasons why you should never EVER leave your shoes in the car, or in the truck, if you work out in the morning and bring your gym stuff to your work, leave your shoes in the car when the temp may raise to 150F; or, like in MN, when your sweaty shoes may freeze.  Do make sure you bring them in the office (regardless of how smelly they may be) and keep them there during the day.   

OR they change models so fast that by the time you figure out it is a model you really really really like it is gone and it takes you half way through the next model year to reject the "really this is just like that one" because dammit you paid $100 for it so by the time you are ready to look again and you buy the "really it just came out and wont be changing any time soon" you are in reality 3 weeks away from the new release

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

Yikes.

There's a reason I don't work in marketing.

I dunno man.  If the pocket part goes up front, that's less a 'fanny pack' and more a 'fupak'.

Maybe it's a fanny pack from the UK.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

RunningResearch

Thanks for all the feedback.