Disney Runners? (Read 819 times)

jojo61397

Has anyone heard when we are getting our bib assignments?  I'm going away for the duration of my taper, and have not heard anything on bibs or corral assignments.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
    Sub- 1:45 hour half.

xhristopher

Has anyone heard when we are getting our bib assignments?  I'm going away for the duration of my taper, and have not heard anything on bibs or corral assignments.

"Duration of my taper?" -- When did your taper start? The race is still a month away. I have no answer to your question but will be running the half. That dirty rat had better put me in a good corral.
      xor

x, if you supplied a time faster than 1:45 or 3:45 in a full, and I'm sure you did, The Mouse will put you right up front.  (if you didn't supply a time, uh oh).  FWIW, a 90 minute half, give or take, means you will run most of the race in the dark.

Be careful as you exit the castle in Magic Kingdom.  There's an immediate right turn and 1000 flash bulbs going off in your face because it is dark.  But lucky for you, it won't be crowded at your pace.  Lots of people behind you will come to a dead stop and pose for pictures at this damn turn (because the castle is now behind you... tis why all the brightroom people are right here).  And it ain't no fun being blinded and then clotheslined by a dude trying to pull off a heismann pose.

xhristopher

Thanks for the tip. I did supply a good half time. I also know bout the dark. Since I do a majority of my running in the dark this time of year I think I'll be ok. If anyone running my pace for the half stops for a photo it might get ugly. If I get a bad corral it will end up as a training run.

#artbydmcbride

I suppose this isn't about the Tinkerbell race.....

Runners run

jojo61397

"Duration of my taper?" -- When did your taper start? The race is still a month away. I have no answer to your question but will be running the half. That dirty rat had better put me in a good corral.

I'm doing Goofy+ (5K, Half, and Full).  My taper starts on December 21st, I do a 3-week taper.  My last 20 miler is next Tuesday, taper starts Christmas week.  Going to Minneapolis during taper.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
              Sub- 1:45 hour half.

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

SRL:

The Disney marathon course is changed this year, the Magic Kingdom is now between miles 4 & 5.  Thus during the full the flash bulbs will be in the dark for most of the crowd (yuch).  This years full has the 20th mile spectacular in the Baseball stadium at All Star Sports in commemoration of the 20th anniversary of the race.  No word as to what the spectacular will be, but I'm sure it will make that part of the race something unique.

Ball of Fury

Disney has the website up for waivers, but there is no submit button yet.  Most people think this means bib numbers will be out in the next day or 2, but I guess you never know.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

xor

SRL:

The Disney marathon course is changed this year, the Magic Kingdom is now between miles 4 & 5.  Thus during the full the flash bulbs will be in the dark for most of the crowd (yuch).  This years full has the 20th mile spectacular in the Baseball stadium at All Star Sports in commemoration of the 20th anniversary of the race.  No word as to what the spectacular will be, but I'm sure it will make that part of the race something unique.

That's cool (well, or not... if you get flashed :-) ).  x is talking about the half which seems to be the same.

Thanks for the tip. I did supply a good half time. I also know bout the dark. Since I do a majority of my running in the dark this time of year I think I'll be ok. If anyone running my pace for the half stops for a photo it might get ugly. If I get a bad corral it will end up as a training run.

I ran the Goofy a couple of years ago.  I got put into corral A for both the half and full off of a 1:27 half time. There are alot of people per corral, but you can easily make your way right up behind the elites if you want.

Docket_Rocket

They say bibs would be out within one month of the race, so hopefully in the next few days.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

They are out!!  I am 2616, which I am assuming is B.  I will take my 10K time of 48:42 to the Expo on the off chance it moves me up to A, but I am not holding my breath!

http://www.trackshack.com/disneysports/wdw13waiver/verify.php

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

xhristopher

They are out!!  I am 2616, which I am assuming is B.  I will take my 10K time of 48:42 to the Expo on the off chance it moves me up to A, but I am not holding my breath!

http://www.trackshack.com/disneysports/wdw13waiver/verify.php

I'm 40081, which I am assuming is ??? I've got no idea.

According to the website:

The letter on your race number will determine your assigned corral. Letters are assigned based on your estimated finishing time. In order to change your assigned corral, please bring proof of your estimated finish time to the Runner Relations booth after you pick up your race bib at the Walt Disney World® Health & Fitness Expo.

I'm curious to know if they will assign you a corral upgrade for the full with a 10K time. Moving to the first corral might be a big ask. Speaking of...I'm curious. Anyone know how many corrals there are and how many are in them?

I've run a couple solid HM pace workouts in the dark lately so I'm sure the dark won't be an issue at all. Getting up early enough to do my business will be a bigger one.

xhristopher

I ran the Goofy a couple of years ago.  I got put into corral A for both the half and full off of a 1:27 half time. There are alot of people per corral, but you can easily make your way right up behind the elites if you want.

Even if I can't follow, this is the plan. I want to avoid as much traffic as possible.

I'm 40081, which I am assuming is ??? I've got no idea.

According to the website:

The letter on your race number will determine your assigned corral. Letters are assigned based on your estimated finishing time. In order to change your assigned corral, please bring proof of your estimated finish time to the Runner Relations booth after you pick up your race bib at the Walt Disney World® Health & Fitness Expo.

I'm curious to know if they will assign you a corral upgrade for the full with a 10K time. Moving to the first corral might be a big ask. Speaking of...I'm curious. Anyone know how many corrals there are and how many are in them?

I've run a couple solid HM pace workouts in the dark lately so I'm sure the dark won't be an issue at all. Getting up early enough to do my business will be a bigger one.

Disney's numbering always seems odd. I'd guess that half marathon bib numbers start at 40,000, so you'll definitely be in corral A. The Goofy participant  bib numbers will start at a different number for the HM ( hence the confusion)

From what I can recall I think there are around 2500-3000 per corral...I can't remember how many corrals, but there are a bunch...you'll walk by all of them to get to corral A