Almost Ready, any advice? (Read 503 times)

Member Since 2008

I have now been out of running for nearly five weeks due to hip problems (locked up & sciatic nerve issue) and have almost completed my chiro therapy. Everyone tells me to start out slow. How do I do that. I went to the gym today and worked out my legs a little today, felt pretty good. Any advice? Thanks.

Not sure how this relates to hip problems, but I will give you my 2cents on chiropractic care for back problems. I have had back problems for 5 years now, surgery included. I had my worst post surgery act up last Thanksgiving. I went to the Chiropractor all Dec and 1st part of Jan. The chiro adjustements seemed to help temporarily in my case. My back pain / leg pain kept reoccuring throughtout Dec. The one change that seems to have helped is that I joined a gym in December and I have been doing core exercises as if my life depended on it. My back feels better now than it has for years. Running actually seems to help it feel better. So, to summarize, Chiro will adjust and fix the problem temporarily, but you need to address the root cause of the problem to get long term relief. Again the disclaimer...this is what has worked for me and it is still work in progress. Slosh
      Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.