Marathon & Beyond Monkey article (Read 911 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

I just got the Jan/Feb Marathon & Beyond, complete with a great article about the Monkey. Congrats, Trent, you're a celeb. Just don't go all Lindsey Lohan on us Big grin

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I prefer Ms. Spears; I usually shave my head in the Summer Big grin The article should soon be online for free, Editor's choice! But make sure to go out and support the Mag if you are not a subscriber yet!

Imminent Catastrophe

I prefer Ms. Spears; I usually shave my head in the Summer Big grin The article should soon be online for free, Editor's choice! But make sure to go out and support the Mag if you are not a subscriber yet!
        Yeah, M&B is the best running mag/bimonthly novel ever.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Article, here Big grin Make sure y'all go out and subscribe. Most of the magazine is better than this pulp Wink

#artbydmcbride

Totally cool! May I be one of your groupies? Cool

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Be careful what you ask for. That hill at mile 19 is a doozie! Evil grin
                Great article!
                  10 pages long, but I'm still hanging it on my fridge. Big grin

Michelle

Why is it sideways?

Good work, Trent. It almost makes me want to sign up for my third Monkey. As soon as I recover from the second.
                      Good work, Trent. It almost makes me want to sign up for my third Monkey. As soon as I recover from the second.
                      Hmmm. Maybe my Monkey fund will turn into a "stay home and spare my legs some major pain" fund. Confused Not a chance. Now I'm far too curious about it.

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

As soon as I recover from the second.
                        Won't happen.

Why is it sideways?

Won't happen.
                          I guess you're right. The fact that I'm even considering running that damn race again shows that I am permanently warped. I will never recover; I will always be a Monkey.
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So awesome! You know, the Grand Rapids Marathon has the did/zoomy household pretty miffed with their change of weekend, so now it conflicts with did's Death Valley JDRF ride. This year I still want to run it, even without did there...but in the future...maybe the Monkey...? Wink If a flat marathon doesn't kill me I may need to find a greater challenge. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You know, the Grand Rapids Marathon has the did/zoomy household pretty miffed with their change of weekend, so now it conflicts with did's Death Valley JDRF ride.
                              It's bad enough that GR moved their marathon to the same weekend as Detroit. That's stupid. But to also cross Zoomie and Did as well? That's downright dangerous. Surprised Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's bad enough that GR moved their marathon to the same weekend as Detroit. That's stupid. But to also cross Zoomie and Did as well? That's downright dangerous. Surprised Tongue
                                I KNOW!!! Angry

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay