Problem with Personal Records (Read 918 times)

Old Running Guy!

Confused I'm having trouble with personal records and it's probably me that is doing something stupid. I'm inputting all the data from my old paper logs and my PRs are not being picked up. For exampled I inputted the data from a half marathon that I ran on 4/26/1992, (I know, I know it's a long time ago but I was born at a very early age.) When I check personal records it was not picked up and it was the fastest one that I had run. Can someone help? Harold

Run Run Run

2012 Goals
    Complete Dances with Dirt extreme trail relay.

1800 miles total

Run the Legend Trail Half Marathon

Run the Timber Trail XT 8 mile extreme trail run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Make sure that you are logging these as run type = "race".

Old Running Guy!

Trent, I have them logged as 'Race', I checked that because I thought that was the problem. Thanks for the suggestion, as I said it is probably me doing something stupid. Harold

Run Run Run

2012 Goals

1800 miles total

eric :)

Harold, I looked into your log and found the problem. You created your own race type and assigned the half to this one. Each workout type, including race, has a unique number that identifies it. The server uses this number to identify each type and the name you gave it is only for display purposes. Here's how you should correct the problem. Go back to the options page and rename the type "race" that you created to something else (e.g. "my race") so you can differentiate it from the system "race" type. Go to the search page and search for all run types of "my race". Edit each of the entries of the type "my race" and change the type back to the default race type. After that, you can delete "my race" from your run types list. Your PRs will be generated correctly after that. eric Smile

Old Running Guy!

Big grin Awsome Eric, everything is working fine now, and the bet thing is that I understood what I did wrong. Thanks for your help. Great running log, I'm discovering more and more about it every day!! Harold

Run Run Run

2012 Goals

1800 miles total

beerrunner

I have a similar issue. I went back and found a bunch of old races and entered them in, I thought I listed them as races, I doubled checked and they are listed as races but they are not showing up in the personal records. So I am not sure what I am doing wrong. It did actually pick up one of my earlier times for one of my established races and list that as a a record (since topped). So I am not really sure what is happening. This image shows that I have the type as "race" but they don't show up as personal records.
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Beerrunner - your old times are slower than your 4/26/08 time, so they wouldn't show up as personal records, right? Am I missing something?
                beerrunner

Yeah, it is a totally different race. Shouldn't each new race event show up? The June Moon I only ran 3 times way back, but I would expect that to show up in personal records for a total of 3 events
                    It goes by distance, not event.

Hi.

beerrunner

Well that would explain it... For some reason I expected to see it by event since each race course is different, held at different times of the year, or time of day that it would mean more that way. The way I see it, my time for a June race in the evening would be way different than an April race in the morning on two distinct courses - could just be because I am a bad runner and fluctuate so much. anyway, thanks for the explanation.
                        Definitely not because you are a bad runner. Most people would fluctuate a fair amount between an evening summer race and a morning fall or spring race.

sean

A Saucy Wench

Yeah times will vary by conditions...but even if you had the same event 2 years in a row conditions could vary wildly. Last year my "Helvetia Half" was 52 degrees and drizzly. This year it could be 75 and sunny. The only constant is distance...that's why PR's are "at a distance". The other category...what you are talking about would be your Course Record. Which is why I like to label my races accurately so over the years I can see how I do on a course. Cheers!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7