Well the verdict is (Read 1000 times)

a grade 2 twisted ankle. No major damage done to the ligaments. So with some rest and some physical therapy I should be back running in no time. I sure hope I have the patients to give it time to heal!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

a grade 2 twisted ankle. No major damage done to the ligaments. So with some rest and some physical therapy I should be back running in no time. I sure hope I have the patients to give it time to heal!
      Smile THAT you can deal with, and without losing too much time. Take it easy, rest and get better!

Michelle

Smile THAT you can deal with, and without losing too much time. Take it easy, rest and get better!
        Definetly can deal with. I'm definetly going to need lots of patient vibes!! Before I left the doctors office I was contemplating on when my next run this week would be Confused

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Definetly can deal with. I'm definetly going to need lots of patient vibes!! Before I left the doctors office I was contemplating on when my next run this week would be Confused
          *lol* Of course! But get that out of your head, all it will take is one wrong step and you'll be right back where you started. Your ankle isn't the same and won't be as strong as normal. {{{{{ sending you patience vibes }}}}}

Michelle

*lol* Of course! But get that out of your head, all it will take is one wrong step and you'll be right back where you started. Your ankle isn't the same and won't be as strong as normal. {{{{{ sending you patience vibes }}}}}
            THANK YOU!!!! I need all that I can get! Guess I didn't want Scout to feel so alone with his injury.

That's great, Pam! Well, not great that you twisted your ankle, but great that it's not worse. Here's to a fast recovery and some Texas-sized patience.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

That is good news! IF you are good, I bet you'll heal quickly Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                Thyroid Support Group

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dang. Your running is one of my major motivators. Get better and get yourself back out there. I need somebody to chase in the 2000 group besides Berner and Masterchap!!!
                    That's great, Pam! Well, not great that you twisted your ankle, but great that it's not worse. Here's to a fast recovery and some Texas-sized patience.
                    Thanks Mike!

That is good news! IF you are good, I bet you'll heal quickly Smile
                      Opperative word IF.

Dang. Your running is one of my major motivators. Get better and get yourself back out there. I need somebody to chase in the 2000 group besides Berner and Masterchap!!!
                        Don't get too comfy now Trent Wink I'll be back when you least expect it <insert> </insert>

Actually, I sprained my wrist snowboarding over the winter, and the doctor said that if I give it the right amount of time to rest, it would actually come back stronger than before because of the healing process. Same thing goes for if you get surgery and the scar is actually stronger than normal skin... {{[[((Big vibes from a little guy!))]]}}
                            Just for future reference, what are the symptoms of a grade 2 twisted ankle? Pain, slight swelling, for over 6 weeks of running on it? I think i had/have one, too! Funny thing is, it only hurts when you touch one small spot a very certain way, rather difficult to find sometimes, even... Confused...what is yours like?
                            Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                              Moderate swelling and bruising, if not wrapped or in my new Bio Skin brace it's difficult to walk. If ankle is supported so it can't move lateral it doesn't feel that bad.

Actually, I sprained my wrist snowboarding over the winter, and the doctor said that if I give it the right amount of time to rest, it would actually come back stronger than before because of the healing process. Same thing goes for if you get surgery and the scar is actually stronger than normal skin... {{[[((Big vibes from a little guy!))]]}}
                                BIG THANKS ben! I sure hope your right about coming back stronger!