Training Log Privacy on RunnningAHEAD? (Read 413 times)

Question:  if I check - "let everyone see my training log" under the training log settings, that just means everyone in our RunningAHEAD community, right?  for instance, it does not make my training log visible to any lurker who happens to discover the site who does not have a RunningAHEAD login/account.  true?......

also, duh.....  in the forums, how do I "quote" a partial post.  I've tried selecting just what I want to respond to and clicking on "quote" but it always seems to quote the entire quote....

sincerely,

new and just getting the hang of this......   Blush

Tammarin.....

zonykel

Question:  if I check - "let everyone see my training log" under the training log settings, that just means everyone in our RunningAHEAD community, right?  for instance, it does not make my training log visible to any lurker who happens to discover the site who does not have a RunningAHEAD login/account.  true?......

Try accessing RA without logging on. Then see if you can see other people's logs. I think the answer is yes for those who chose to make their log public.

also, duh.....  in the forums, how do I "quote" a partial post.  I've tried selecting just what I want to respond to and clicking on "quote" but it always seems to quote the entire quote....

You go into the quoted box and delete the text you don't want. 

Lottie dottie everybody.  It is open to the world.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

yes, yes, it is....  Shocked  I found that in trying to see training logs by just clicking on "training logs" you are asked to sign in.....  BUT if you go to a forum (which is open to everyone) you can click on someone's profile from a comment they made and then access the training log.  yep.  that is unfortunate because I would like to share my training log with other members but not the whole freakin' world!!!

and thank you zonykel, for the input on quoting stuff in replies.....  appreciate it.

lottie dottie???   Smile

Tammarin.....

lottie dottie???   Smile

Just a saying Smile

hog4life

Do you upload your work outs so that it gives info you want to keep private? Like maybe from Garmin Connect? I manually enter my workouts, and therefore, believe it don't reveal too much. It doesn't bother me for someone to know how much I run, or don't run. It may actually help you if you have questions, and someone needs to see your mileage to give a reasonable answer.

npaden

You can always keep your maps private.  That's what I do, unless for some reason I want to share that particular activity, like a race or some odd place that I ran like a cruise ship in port or something.  If I want to make the map public I just click the box to make it public.

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/17b912e64ad246e9bbe4a270366a97f6/workouts/67813815e9714b1ca7c08d409fb71baf/map

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Thank you all.  All good info.

I will probably rename my routes so as to make them less descriptive.  also, I will check the box to keep my notes on my workouts private because some of them are kinda goofy  Blush  , with expletives, and yes, maps will be hidden too.....

Tammarin.....

Just a saying Smile

and I like "lottie dottie"  - I might use that Smile

Tammarin.....

I do the same thing with routes.  I give them kinda silly names so they don't say exactly where I'm running.  People who know me would probably know where I am... but the general population doesn't without some major stalking.

Julia1971

Re: workout notes. I will sometimes put the notes I don't want to share in the big notes box and mark that private but then put notes I do want to share in the interval notes field.

zonykel

I don't upload any GPS files. It's all manual entries. And my log is private.

Julia1971

The interval doesn't have to be real. If I were doing a manual entry, I would just enter the interval as the same distance and time of the entire workout. I've left the interval set as GPS Interval but I suppose I could rename it to "Public Notes" or something... I rock this running log thing.

I don't upload any GPS files. It's all manual entries. And my log is private.

delicate flower

Mine is public.  I'm not too worried about Joe Public looking at my log, locating my run area, and hunting me down and killing me on a run.

<3

Mine is public.  I'm not too worried about Joe Public looking at my log, locating my run area, and hunting me down and killing me on a run.

haha!  maybe you're faster than I am......  Smile

Tammarin.....