Recovery Smoothies? (Read 860 times)

The Floor Walker

I think I'm going to start making smoothies as a recovery drink after some of my runs. Problem is I've never attempted to make a smoothie before and haven't the slightest clue on how to go about. Ok, well I understand the general concept take a blender and put stuff into it....but the rest, I don't know. Anyone have any recipes or suggestions for a recovery smoothie? Thanks Matt
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The idea is take a bunch of stuff and throw it into a blender. That is it. What you put in is up to you. I like yogurt and fruit. If you freeze the fruit, it makes the smoothie thicker and colder. No recipes, just have fun!

The Floor Walker

Hmmm, seems easy enough...
        Jeffrey

Be sure to toss in some vanilla Kefir (drinkable yogurt) too. Smile
            i like to use frozen fruit, yogurt, water or juice and a little bit of dry pudding mix to thicken it up- if you have vanilla or fruit flavored protein powder you could include that too... yum smoothies Smile
              Aim for a 4 to 1 carbohydrate to protein ratio!!
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've used vanilla whey protein powder, frozen berries, cream or half-n-half, water...makes it like a fruity milkshake. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

mmm, smoothies..... Big grin actually, anything cold and wet sounds good right about now! (trying hard to ignore the box of drumsticks in the freezer)

Prophet!

add a little vodka then you'll be ready to run again... i like using fresh fruits in my smoothies, mix in some vanilla non-fat yogurt...yummy!
                      mmm, smoothies..... Big grin actually, anything cold and wet sounds good right about now! (trying hard to ignore the box of drumsticks in the freezer)
                      A drumstick sounds good right about now!

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A drumstick sounds good right about now!
                        It does! I've been feeling sorta mildly queasy since my run this afternoon...running in the heat tends to have that effect on me. Ice cream actually sounds really settling. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Soy milk, yogurt, frozen berries, banana, some whey protein powder, maybe some ground flax seed.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yesterday, after my hot marathon -> two yogurts, a scoop of mint ice cream, some OJ, some coke and a beer (no, not blended together) all followed by a large strawberry malt. I feel recovered.
                              Yesterday, after my hot marathon -> two yogurts, a scoop of mint ice cream, some OJ, some coke and a beer (no, not blended together) all followed by a large strawberry malt. I feel recovered.
                              Could you imagine them all mixed together...Yuck. Tongue Today I did an easy 10 mile run, shortly followed by ice-cream at Dairy Queen - Peanut Buster Parfait! Probably about a million calories...but I didn't care. Sometimes the calories just don't matter! I've never had a recovery smoothie...probably should consider that before going for my usual celebrational beer!

Michelle

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey Trent, how was Grandmas? Hot, I heard.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016