Raceday week, what should I do? (Read 481 times)

I'm having my 10k race on sunday 22 july, which is about 6 days time. I dunno what type of runs I shld go for during the days prior to the race. I was thinking of doing short slow runs on tuesday and wednesday and then chill back until raceday. What do you guys think? And is adding intervals, say on thurdays, a good idea?
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'm having my 10k race on sunday 22 july, which is about 6 days time. I dunno what type of runs I shld go for during the days prior to the race. I was thinking of doing short slow runs on tuesday and wednesday and then chill back until raceday. What do you guys think? And is adding intervals, say on thurdays, a good idea?
      If you do any intervals at all on race week, do them early (Mon/Tues) or not all. Thursday is way too close to the race. Just do nice easy running, and throw in some strides (100~150m bursts of controlled speed) into your easy runs after you're well warmed up. Also, for a Sunday race, if you plan to take a day off prior, Friday is the best day to rest. Then run ~3 miles real slow and easy on Saturday. There is a tendency to be flat the day after a day off, so it's better to run easy the day before a race then take it off.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Thanks jeff. I agree on the part where that the day after a rest day is hardest to run. It's gotta do with momentum i guess. Thanks for the output, I appreciate it Smile