First race - 5K in 29:43.7 (Read 540 times)

My first race ever in my life and I came in under 30 minutes. My goal was under 32. I am very excited. My Mum and Dad even got to see me - their viisting the US from Ireland. Now, I need to sign up for a 10k in a little while - my goal is a half Marathon in October - It's called the Prison Break Half I believe.
    obiebyke

Holy crap that's fast! Good job!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Awesome job. I remember setting what I thought was a lofty time goal for my first race, and how good it felt to beat it. The sky's the limit for you now!

upcoming races:

It's great that your folks got to see you race, they must be very proud. Congrats!

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

huskydon

Congratulations on an exciting first race! Very cool that your folks could see you too! Way to go! huskydon
              So, how much would you expect me to slow down in two years? If I'd run at the same rate, and just been 18 months older, I would have won in the 40 to 49 section. Probably all the fast runners will move into that bracket with me or the normal runners took the day off. Your pace doesn't change with age that quick, does it? Thanks for all the nice comments! We had one hell of a great St Patrick's party that night too! My husbands stout (homebrewed) was magic - tasted like but better than Guiness. We got through three gallons of homemade Irish stew, several gallons of soup, soda bread and Bram Brack. We had sigers, Irish dancers and a bag piper, a bunch of kids games and a ceili dance. Talk about celebrating your first race.

Lazy idiot

So, how much would you expect me to slow down in two years? If I'd run at the same rate, and just been 18 months older, I would have won in the 40 to 49 section. Probably all the fast runners will move into that bracket with me or the normal runners took the day off. Your pace doesn't change with age that quick, does it?
                If you keep up with your running, I'd expect that you would likely get faster. Nice race! That definitely beat my first time out for a 5K.

Tick tock

jeffdonahue

Excellent job - you beat my first 5K time of 30:15. And with some consistent training now you will be shocked how the time drops off. Best of luck in the 10K
                    thats a great time for your first 5k, keep it up and you will only get faster, mabye set 25:00 as a goal, good luck! Smile