Big toe hole in the top of my Asics Kayano's (Read 5099 times)

Paul in the Peaks

trying a new idea. Puncture repair patch - sticks well and stretches with shoe...will report back

I love running - after the event...

Full: 3:59:26

Half 1:39

15k 1:17

10k 48:24

5k 22.18

Adam Gentile

Asic Kayano's is what turned me to barefoot running.   Just a massive shoe.

I have had the same issue on my right foot since my first pair of Asics. I now use Gorilla Tape brand of duct tape. (I think it has a much heavier adhesive than some others) I take the insole out, place it upside down on the tape and cut a piece of tape to that outline. Then stick it inside the toe box when the hole occurs. I do this when I first take the shoes out of the box. Haven't had a hole since. I think it also helps a little on the sock wear through since the duct tape has a slippery surface.

Cdr

I have had the same issue with many shoes: walking, espadrilles, any closed shoes ..my left foot big toes curls up! I have Parkinson disease.

I am looking for a solution to this problem , wearing off all my shoes at the same spot!!! Is there some inside protection that could restore the shoes or a comfortable thing to wear on my toe?

Thank you

Paul in the Peaks

I have used puncture repair patches to good effect...

I love running - after the event...

Full: 3:59:26

Half 1:39

15k 1:17

10k 48:24

5k 22.18