Of Doughnuts and other pastries... (Read 1272 times)

The subject line is a HUGE weakness of mine... In the last 2 weeks I've bought 2 dozen doughnuts and eaten them ALL BY MYSELF late at night...My binges make me feel like absolute s*** but there is something about those delicacies that is my "achilles" if you will... I'm going to quit buying the damn things when I go to the store, and in all other aspects I eat pretty healthy and am conscious of how I treat my body... Those damn doughnuts though...Anybody else have a fondness for pastries? By the way, I'm still running just about every day (check my log), and the devil on my shoulder says that the running is my penance for indulging in those pastries... Sorry, just thought I'd vent here quick...We run to eat don't we? Just really was feeling guilty Undecided
    "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Yep, though I'm getting better. I pretty much never buy any, and I only ate 1 (huge holland-creme longjohn) out of the last batch that showed up at work, and felt like complete crap for an hour after I horked it down. did

Weaknesses: HUGE sweet tooth HUGE love for beer (not quantities...well...not always Wink) but quality These are two reasons why I run. I also find that staying focused on fitness helps tame my cravings as well.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

HUGE love for beer (not quantities...well...not always Wink) but quality
          Big grin

Michelle

In the last 2 weeks I've bought 2 dozen doughnuts and eaten them ALL BY MYSELF late at night...My binges make me feel like absolute s*** but there is something about those delicacies that is my "achilles" if you will...
            Dude, those must be some awesome donuts. How much do the donuts cost? I want a better description of these donuts... are they glazed, chocolate covered,??? When someone brings donuts to work, I'll usually scarf down 2, get a sugar rush, and then have a downer there for a few afterwards. I usually eat cruddy on the road, at parties, and when I am on vacation. Free alcohol sometimes is a weakness for me... whether at social events or when someone funds me.

Vim

My biggest food weakness is JIF peanut butter. Big grin I'd rather have toast with peanut butter and a glass of milk (or hot dog style banana sandwich) over a donut.

Vim

Another Passion

My biggest food weakness is JIF peanut butter. Big grin I'd rather have toast with peanut butter and a glass of milk (or hot dog style banana sandwich) over a donut.
                Dude! I have that for breakfast about 5 days a week! Peanut butter (gotta be JIF) isn't all that bad. Gets ya some good cholesterol and isn't terribly high in saturated fats. I have it on whole grain toast too, so I don't feel so bad about the inch of peanut butter on it. My huge eating pitfalls are... pizza and ice cream. Oh, and just generally over-eating at dinner. I am not a big snacker though so, that's good. Dave... just quit buyin' the freakin' doughnuts! Wink Or, just buy one from the bakery. I know, I know, pot calling the kettle black with my "stellar" (over) eating habits. Big grin

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Dave... just quit buyin' the freakin' doughnuts! Wink
                  Ha ha ha....thanks... Wink Good to know that everyone gives into their own personal "jones'" time and again...
                  "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
                  GP160

Thanks for this post! I just ate a Dunkin Donuts sour cream cake "widow-maker" at 4 am last night. Night shift makes me very very bad!
                    Ironman Louisville 8-30-09
                      Thanks for this post! I just ate a Dunkin Donuts sour cream cake "widow-maker" at 4 am last night. Night shift makes me very very bad!
                      I had a Boston Creme doughnut today. My boss gave it to me. She wanted a partner in crime as she was inhaling a glazed doughnut herself. Roll eyes

Michelle

geekfarm@centurytel.net

I drive a truck so it's kinda like the cop thing, mandatory I eat doghnuts. I deliver to a grocery store chain that gives the drivers free doughnuts and coffee. Try being strong at 14 to 15 stops with these lovely things right by the door. The worst part is it's everyday of the week 14 to 15 times a day! You try saying no, I can't! Now I know why I have to run.
                        ashares

poptarts Big grin not gonna lie, i love em to death. finally found the lowfat strawberry version at the jewel store. eliminates at least SOME of the guilt. o well, XC seasons over so it dont matter that much. (all in moderation right)
                            I had a Boston Creme doughnut today. My boss gave it to me. She wanted a partner in crime as she was inhaling a glazed doughnut herself. Roll eyes
                            Why do some peeps (women esp) do that? They are having a bar of chocolate or something bad and instinctively wish to 'bring someone down with them'. I think its so they can say 'its not so bad, sure Jimmy cake face had some too'. I find it amusing. My weakness is peperoni pizza on a double cheese base -- no amount of death by doughnut is going to top that bad boy Evil grin
                            Goals for 2008: 10k - Phoenix Park - 6 April 48:47 1/2 Marathon - Longford - 24 August Marathon - Dublin - 27 October. Its Man v Distance. Distance is in trouble.
                              My weakness is peperoni pizza on a double cheese base -- no amount of death by doughnut is going to top that bad boy Evil grin
                              At a previous job, my boss gave one of my co-workers a large pizza topped with Krispie Kreme doughnuts and then sprinkled a 1 pound bag of Peanut M&Ms over all of it - as a birthday cake. I was thoroughly disgusted - but the birthday boy thought he had died and gone to heaven.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Rice Krispy treats. I have even bought those pre-wrapped ones thinking that I could stop myself after just one--HA! ANYTHING at Culver's is like crack to me, too...I had frozen custard from there 2x in a 24 hour period this weekend... Blush

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay