AM/PM "easy" pace differences and Doubles (Read 147 times)

Docket_Rocket

My morning runs are slower than my afternoon runs, mostly because the humidity is close to 100% in the mornings, as compared to lower humidity (still humid, though) in the afternoons.

I find the same as Julia.  I train well in the evening, yet my evening races have been less than stellar.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I was going to +1 someone, but couldn't decide which one, because so many are saying the same thing. Yes I am slower in the morning, but much prefer it in the summer once it starts getting light early enough; it is cooler, and I get it out of the way before work. I sort of flipped the switch to AM runs at one point this year and was frankly shocked at how much slower it was - about 45 sec. But the side benefit is they often end up closer to progression runs; at other times of day I usually start out too fast.

Dave

Feeling the growl again

Yeah.  That might be why I phrased the original post as a comparison of same effort with differing paces.

I don't know why you are asking then?  There are so many variables that go into determining what pace results from a given effort that it would be freakish if it always came out the same.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

jpdeaux

I often look for a pinch hitter for my double days.

I've noticed that my afternoon/evening runs tend to be faster, even if it's a double day.  That said, I still love my morning running much more than later in the day.  I guess speed isn't everything.