Love your bottled water? (Read 1091 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

fecal coliforms

What is wrong with fecal coliforms?  You consume them all the time.

You like sauerkraut?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

you wouldn't shit in a bucket, and set it out in the sun for a week, and then come back and eat it.

This is true. But it has nothing to do with germs. It has to do with the fact that poop is gross.

But that is exactly what you are doing when you are drinking water out of a reuseable container.

This is not true.

The good news is that these days, most OCD can be effectively treated with medications and cognitive therapy.

i sacrificed the gift

But sauerkraut is too acidic for e coli to live.  Water is not.

The troll-ee will not become the troller, nice try Trent.

Robot House Recovery Drink Protocol:
        Under 70 Degrees: Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
        Over 70 Degrees: Dougfish Head 60 Minute IPA
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wrong coliform.  Sauerkraut is made from klebsiella.  And it ain't no pure factory made klebsiella.  It is the klebsiella in your kitchen that naturally starts the fermentation.  And klebsiella is a coliform found copiously in poop.

Very close to 100% of e coli is benign or helpful.  One very rare strain that only exists in certain situations (namely industrial farming), e coli o157 h7, is dangerous.  The rest is not.

It is good to see that you have a firm grasp on the science underlying your concerns.

ymmv

Awesome!  Tonight I am going to enjoy my bottled beer!

beer from the tap is better!

Prince of Fatness

Yeah but there may be e coli in the tap.  Plus I have no kegerator.  Plus I am not going to a bar.

Not at it at all. 

i sacrificed the gift

Look Trent, you've already conceded that poop is gross.  So your position that while it is gross, consuming it does not make you sick.  Unless someone in the office has hepatitis or something, but that's another story.

So drinking it, in the context of glassware, is OK, even though it is gross.

Should I not change my underwear every day either?

Is it unneccessary to wash my hands after going to the bathroom as long as they don't smell?

ymmv

Look Trent, you've already conceded that poop is gross.  So your position that while it is gross, consuming it does not make you sick.  Unless someone in the office has hepatitis or something, but that's another story.

Is it unneccessary to wash my hands after going to the bathroom as long as they don't smell?

I don't want to know where they store the glassware in your house.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Look Trent, you've already conceded that poop is gross.  So your position that while it is gross, consuming it does not make you sick.

Poop is gross, but outside of cholera epidemics and the like, it is not dangerous.

There is no poop on my glasware.  Even if there were e coli or klebsiella on my glassware, they are not poop.  They are bacteria that happen to live in numerous different environments.  Including skin.

I change my underwear for two reasons.  Because if I did not, 1) they would stink, and 2) my wife would shoot me.  This has nothing to do with dangerous germs.

Arguably, it is unnecessary to wash your hands after going to the bathroom.  Througthout most of history and in most countries in the world, this is not done.  It is common in this country, but that does not make it necessary.  I usually wash mine.  But this is not to stop the spread of dangerous germs more than it has to do with the ewwww factor that poop has.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I don't want to know where they store the glassware in your house.

I'm wondering how they brush their teeth in his house.

i sacrificed the gift

UV sanitizing toothbrush holders are not exactly uncommon.
                        ymmv

Poop is gross, but outside of cholera epidemics and the like, it is not dangerous.

There is no poop on my glasware.  Even if there were e coli or klebsiella on my glassware, they are not poop.  They are bacteria that happen to live in numerous different environments.  Including skin.

I change my underwear for two reasons.  Because if I did not, 1) they would stink, and 2) my wife would shoot me.  This has nothing to do with dangerous germs.

Arguably, it is unnecessary to wash your hands after going to the bathroom.  Througthout most of history and in most countries in the world, this is not done.  It is common in this country, but that does not make it necessary.  I usually wash mine.  But this is not to stop the spread of dangerous germs more than it has to do with the ewwww factor that poop has.

ooooookay..... use a paper towel on the bathroom doorknob at trent's place.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

UV sanitizing toothbrush holders are not exactly uncommon.

They don't work 100%.  And what water do you use?  And what about the germs introduced into the toothpaste every time you remove the cap from the tube?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

ooooookay..... use a paper towel on the bathroom doorknob at trent's place.

Heh.  What do you think makes the pumpkin pies at Monkey so tasty?

L Train