Minor bug: Course Filter Problem (Read 476 times)

The shirtless wonder

I have two courses defined, Rowe 20 and Rowe 20+.  Only Rowe 20+ shows up in the courses filter.  I have it set to show courses I've run in the last 999 months.  Both routes/courses appear in my courses list but not in the courses drop-down when entering a new run.

Greg
    eric :)

Hi Greg,

The new log (since Jan of this year) works slightly differently when it comes to filtering.  It lists 50 (I think) of the most recently used routes.  If you want to use a route that's not displayed, just type the first several characters of the route and all routes matching those characters will be listed.  So, type in "Row" or "Rowe" and you should see it.

eric :-)

The shirtless wonder

Eric,

I tried that and it still didn't come up.  I ended up typing in the full route name, looking up the route distance manually, and entering the distance manually.

Greg

Hrm.  I wish you hadn't done that because now it's being listed in your course list.  If it happens again, please let me know and I will look into it.

eric Smile

The shirtless wonder

Eric,

You can test using my profile with the "3.2 Mile Double Loop" course.  The same thing happens with this one.

Greg

Greg,

I checked your data and you do not have a 3.2 mile double.  You do have a 3.2 mile though.  You will not be able to search by number (3.2).  If you type in "mile", you would see all routes containing that word.

eric :-)

The shirtless wonder

Thanks.  I had no idea the filter excluded numeric prefix values.  That's very strange. 

Greg

The filter itself doesn't exclude anything.  However, the database is a little too smart and when the string is a number, it treats it like a number even though it's comparing against a text column.