What do you do first... (Read 878 times)

After a good solid run: A. Eat or Drink B. Shower/Bathroom C. Go straight to runningahead and make sure you log your miles? (does this forum allow polls) I am asking this just to make sure my habits aren't that strange Smile
    MikeB-BoR

I'm guessing I am like most people here. I come in, sit on the living room floor (so as not to get sweat all over the couch), pull out my laptop and log the miles from my Garmin onto here. I then grab something small to eat (actually sometimes I'll eat while logging). I like to wait awhile before showering so my body cools down. I hate nothing more then getting out of the shower, dring off and still sweating. Mike

Goals :
      •Drop to 180 #s and hold steady around that weight 

A Saucy Wench

Come in, grab food, head up to the computer so I can log while eating. - that's on the weekends On the weekdays I have to eat and sometimes shower and SOMETIMES I even have to take dd to school before I get a chance to log. Sad Bathroom is an independent thing....sometimes its first, sometimes its during, sometimes I have a few minutes. It's usually soon.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ussually as soon as I am dry enough I am at my desk on the puter. Tonight it was quite cool so I went to the shower first to warm up.
          stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

First I grab water and go outside to cool off for a few minutes. Then I come and log miles. I usually don't feel like eating right away unless it's a long run, then I'll eat after I cool down.

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

Eat a bowl of cereal. (for some reason, that's the only thing that sounds good when I'm done) Log hours and stare at my log for a while in a trance. ha ha. Get my son handed to me and play with him for a while. (until he starts crying and needs a good milking from mom.) Stretch for about 2 minutes. Take a shower. Go to bed.

~Mike

skinnycaponesugar

I turn the computer on as soon as I walk in the door. Walk to the kitchen and get some water or gatorade (if I remembered to make anything before I went out). Check dinners status, I run mostly in the evening. Go check if the computer is up. If it is, I log my run, if not I have another drink while my clunky machine gets there. I log my run. Then eat. At this point kids might need to be put to bed, if they aren't there yet. Finally, I shower, grab a book and read it in bed. what was the question again? Confused

Love, Run, Sleep

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I usually stretch a little, plug in my Garmin, log my miles, THEN get something to drink. After all that I hit the shower. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

dfffff

Ab workout.
                      Eat, then shower... Log miles sometimes while I eat but usualy later... after my shower...
                      jeffdonahue

Usually down some water while I walk around the gym and cool down. Then a shower and something to eat when I get to the office.
                        Hannibal Granite

1st I stretch & do any lifting/core work I'm going to do for the day, then shower, then eat. Although I will sometimes drink something while stretching. If I have time I'll log the run here as soon as I'm done eating or while I'm eating, if not I get to it later in the day when I get a few free moments. I have even logged runs the next day when I was extra busy for some reason (gasp!)

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

PudgyRunner

If I'm not running to the bathroom, I grab a drink, stretch, plop in the middle of the living room floor, get licked to death by cats (they love it when I run), log, then shower. Want to cool off so I don't sweat after the shower.

The Greatest of All Time

Make recovery shake, drink 1/2 as I head to the shower. Get clean, drink the other 1/2. If I ran long or really hard, I can't eat solid food for at least 2-3 hours.
                              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Giants Fan

Shower...no one in my family can stand my stench!! (My wonderful hubby always says I sweat like a man...) CC

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz