down for the count (Read 459 times)

run4fun8910

okay. I have not ran for a whole week. and I wont be able to run probably for another is what they are telling me. I have pneumonia and strep that has spread to my lungs. I didn't think one could be this sick. so when I get better should i run the same distance as I was before or should I go a little easy.
    Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awww...Shawn, I'm sorry to hear this. I'm dealing with respiratory gunk, too...started in my lungs, now is in my head. I haven't run since Monday, either. I am now on antibiotics and starting to feel better...so I *hope* I can manage an easy run tomorrow, but I'm not holding out too much hope. Everyone says a week or two shouldn't make too much difference in terms of fitness, so I'm hoping this is the case. The most consecutive days I've ever missed running before this was 4, while I was on vacation in LA a couple of Summers ago. When you do get back to it I'd recommend taking it easy--don't feel compelled to pick up where you left off if your body isn't ready...doing too much too soon could lead to backlash, I'd think. I know...I have to take my own advice this week, I think. I hope you are soon feeling better. Pneumonia is the pits. It's one of those things that makes death sound appealing. (((shawn))) k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

run4fun8910

Thanks for the encouragement. I am just telling myself that I am a runner for life and some time in the future I will not even remember not running. 2 weeks out of a life time of running isn't so bad. I guess. Take care of your self so that you don't get pneumonia. I do hate seeing no miles being posted to my log.
        Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I do hate seeing no miles being posted to my log.
          Those wide bars really stink, don't they! Sad

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

okay. I have not ran for a whole week. and I wont be able to run probably for another is what they are telling me. I have pneumonia and strep that has spread to my lungs. I didn't think one could be this sick. so when I get better should i run the same distance as I was before or should I go a little easy.
            I'd take things easy.

Vim

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Take it easy at first; you've probably lost a bit of your fitness (due to the illness, not the time off). Ease into it and it won't take you long to be back up to where you were.