Uhhh...hello, Motion Based... (Read 1140 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Anyone else having issues getting the uploader to work...?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It's been flaky for a few days. It'll work. Eventually.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm new to it, but don't yet have a successful upload. I know this because the Garmin Training Center and Garmin Connect are so bad I was trying to find an alternative. My uploads to Garmin Training Center routinely disappear. So I set the watch to keep the workouts after uploading. As an example: I had a very nice run in Central Park on Saturday. A 15-miler, which I didn't want to lose. So I uploaded it into Garmin Training Center (using Boot Camp). Next time I checked, it had disappeared. Like it never happened (not the first time this has happened, so I'm not surprised). So I plugged in the ANT thing again, and it wasn't there so I "force download"-ed it. Well, now it's there, but there is no distance, elevation or HR data, and my 15.6-mile run has now become a 47-mile run. Thanks but, no thanks. So I've tried to upload it a few times and gotten the error code every time. My conclusion? Garmin makes a great watch, but their software SUCKS! I have taken to downloading every workout in Windows (Boot Camp), exporting the .tcx file to the Mac side, rebooting into MacOS, and importing it into Ascent, which is an absolutely fantastic application.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Having issues here with MB since Sunday. Now having issues with Garmin training center...my bike and run workout from Sunday is gone. Bob
            GarminConnect is taking over MotionBased. It is very screwy right now. I was able to download to there in July, but not since August. I can't find my files on my computer to manually download them Roll eyes If you are using GarminConnect - they don't have the elevation correction option in place - which is nuts, since it is operated by MotionBased...When I run an out and back route, the picture is no longer a mirror image - how does that happen???? I have a feeling they are going to make the free version very user unfriendly Angry

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

Here's an alternative to Motion Based for anyone who may wish something different. It's free and includes some features not found in MB http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/

an amazing likeness

They get hammered with so many uploads on the weekends, you can pretty well forget about reliability from Saturday AM onward until someone out there comes to work on Monday morning and smacks the side of the server like an old Zenith tv on the fritz. They were generating 500 errors all weekend on uploads this past weekend until late Sunday (Eastern US).

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Here's an alternative to Motion Based for anyone who may wish something different. It's free and includes some features not found in MB http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/
                  +1 Great software...

an amazing likeness

I've checked the SportTracks website and don't see in the features list -- is there an equivalent to Motionbased's "gravity" -- that is elevation information being augmented by using the GPS track data and the USGS elevation data ?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I've checked the SportTracks website and don't see in the features list -- is there an equivalent to Motionbased's "gravity" -- that is elevation information being augmented by using the GPS track data and the USGS elevation data ?
                      Yes. This is it: http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Plugins/plugin_detail.php?id=71