Repeated cycle training (Read 309 times)

Hello all. I have been looking in as always but haven't posted on this board in awhile. I have a question to anyone who cares to chime in. I have decided I want to try a repeated cycle training approach vs the periodization style I was used to. I still want to peak for about 2 marathons per year(spring/fall) but I want to incorporate a system that allows for decent 5-10k races and workouts often. I tend to handle workouts well so long as I space them and high mileage is my weak point. All my past injuries came out of the base phase of all easy higher mileage. Never got injured from the track...never. Anyways my plan was to set out a 14 day cycle that will allow for some races, workouts and long runs. The goal anyways is to stimulate all systems in a way to alllow for constant growth. Here is the bare bones initial idea of my cycle. Please crtique- M- easy T- long tempo(progressing from M> half pace)+weights W- easy TH- fartlek or hill reps+weights(replaced this workout with a weekend race) F-easy S- easy or race in place of day 4's workout SU- long run+ weights M-easy T- easy W- Fast tempo intervals ( OR a longish moderate hilly run if racing on the weekend) + weights TH- easy F- easy S- easy or race in place of the tempo SU- easy if raced on Sat or moderate paced long run if not+weights My plan is to do everything in progression. The closer I get to the marathons the longer the long runs, the more volume of the workout days etc... All easy days consist of 2 runs. Workout days consist of the workout in the AM and pilates style lifting in the PM. As you can see I'm basing it on the hard/easy principle. Thanks in advance for your replies.
    PR's: 5k 19:34 2008 10k 41:05 2008 Half 1:34:34 2007 Marathon 3:29:49 2009 Up next, Spring Marathon NJ?