Garmin Connect (Read 1620 times)

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

So I bought the 405 yesterday and I've been playing with "Garmin connect". I can't figure out how to add a run workout type, just the default ones are available like "Training" Also my splits all display speed rather than pace. The site says that an update was made in May to change your run settings to pace and bike setting to speed but I can't figure out how to do this. Any ideas? So far, not sure this site is all that good. Keeping my Sport Tracks log up-to-date Wink

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
    My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
    Ride 112 miles.
    Run 26.2 miles.
    Then brag for the rest of your life.
    -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Kev, I'm only about 24 hours ahead of you Smile , but this should help: If you click on the activity type in ACTIVITIES, where it currently says UNTITLED, you can change the type of activity. I did this last night and now when I log in, my speeds were changed to PACE instead of SPEED - so I'm guessing once you label the activity, it makes the speed/pace adjustment. And you're right - Garmin Connect leaves a lot to be desired. I LOVE the wireless upload.. and the fact that it's easy to share workouts via del.icio.us and Facebook... those parts are sweet, but the interface seems to be mighty slow.

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

Former runner

I'm hoping they will improve the connect site eventually. I recently discovered the goals feature on the site. You set a goal on the connect site and then it uploads it to the watch. It shows up on the watch screen after the battery charge info. The downside is that the watch can only display a total mileage goal and not separate bike and run goals. Labeling the activities will change the pace as Marcus said. I found that some of the charts don't always display properly and the average pace calculated can be way off. Confused

Ross

The Greatest of All Time

IHMO Garmin connect sucks!!!! I just use ST and import each run.
          all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

IHMO Garmin connect sucks!!!! I just use ST and import each run.
            How does Connect compare to MB? If I remember right, all MB was supposed to roll into Connect last month, but that got pushed back into November.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

If you click on the activity type in ACTIVITIES, where it currently says UNTITLED, you can change the type of activity.
              I don't see "Untitled" I only see "Uncategorized" and I can't type in any values only select values, so I select "Street Running" as an activity type and then for "EVent Type" I select "training" This is really unhelpful since I categorize "training" in many ways (Tempo, Interval, LSD etc...) It would be nice if there was a way to ask a question or post something on a Garmin Connect Forum, but I don't see one of those either. Oh well Garmin Connect was not why I bought the 405 anyway. How does Connect compare to MB, Connect = "MB lite"

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
              My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
              Ride 112 miles.
              Run 26.2 miles.
              Then brag for the rest of your life.
              -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

The Greatest of All Time

How does Connect compare to MB? If I remember right, all MB was supposed to roll into Connect last month, but that got pushed back into November.
                It's pretty similar but not as good as MB. I have not looked at GC in over a month though.
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                  This is really unhelpful since I categorize "training" in many ways (Tempo, Interval, LSD etc...)
                  Ah yes - THAT I don't know how to do... However, there is a LOT of Garmin Connect chatter over at MotionBased: http://forums.motionbased.com/smf/index.php?board=109.0

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.