Forerunner 210, Ubuntu: "There is no new data" (Read 47 times)

Two Feet Under

For some reason starting on 12/17/2014 I stopped being able to transparently upload data from my 210 to RunningAhead. As far as I can tell I made no changes on my end: browser version (Firefox 28) unchanged, plugin the same (andreas diesner's, last updated in May), and I've made no changes to the watch itself. I can open the watch as USB storage and see folders and files and RA detects its presence but "There is no new data" when I try to upload. It isn't a big deal because I can just upload .fit files. I would like to track down the problem, though, in case it's the watch.

I seem to remember that the watch used to write data as files (maybe .gpx?) in one of the folders but I may be misremembering because it's been a couple of years since I've had to muck around with it. Now it just puts .fit files in the root of the device's storage and all folders off the root are empty (except a .fit in Settings, and an empty error log in FIT).

Any ideas?

eric :)

Hi Two Feet Under,

Could you try to import your workouts again.  When it says it can't find new workouts, click on the black triangle in the importer's status bar and send me a message from there.  The page will automatically include the contents of the trace, which might provide additional info on the problem.

eric Smile