Wireless headphones (Read 1764 times)

Sorry to have been unclear:

1. My iPod is a hand-me-down that fails to hold a charge for more than about an hour.  I'd used it with earphones lugged directly into it, not with the BT3030.  I never got a gizmo to plug into the iPod and make it wireless/Bluetoothy.
    2. The BT3030 has lasted for hours on end -- I've had several all-day rides with it.  (The GPS mount on the bike was hard-wired for power, or the GPS battery would've been the limiting factor.)
    3. The earplugs were never tested beyond ~60min other than with while wearing a motorcycle helmet.  They could've gone longer.

My my my! I have so much research to do haha!

So we've no idea how much a bluetooth device attached to my ipod will affect it, I assume similar to the iTrip, so 1.5-2 hours play time. Shame.

The BT3030 does sound good, it allows me to use any earplugs that I so wish with it. I just need to take it for a trial run to see if it will bug me having it hanging round my neck! Do we think amazon will let me try it and return it if I don't like it? Tongue

Never forget the man who mistook his wife for a hat!

Ποτέ δεν ξεχνά τον άνθρωπο που μπέρδεψε τη γυναίκα του για ένα καπέλο!

Imminent Catastrophe

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

If I see someone wearing a Bluetooth headset and talking too loud, I have strong urge to punch them, so I don't think they're safe.

Amen! Big grin

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

jfa

When working in NYC, I always thought that if you paired up the crazy people who talked to themselves, they would then look normal. Now with the headsets, they can once again go it alone.

just need to take it for a trial run to see if it will bug me having it hanging round my neck!

Use the clip instead of the chain.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Guys, I don't want it for my cell phone! I want it for my ipod, so I won't be one of those annoying people who stands behind you silently in a queue then goes "Grossman, talk to me!" really loudly. So it won't affect anyone! (Unless I collide into them from listening to my music and snake spotting too much, but that's as likely to happen with standard headphones!). Good call CliveF, I didn't notice that, I just saw the dog-tag style chain. I will take a more thorough look again Wink (My first thorough look is still like a skim!)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Why in the world would you want to carry a radio transmitter and receiver with all the charging/expense/unreliability issues they entail?

Does the ipod not have a 3.5mm jack?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

...and yes, cell phone radiation has been shown to affect the brain.

Maui

I don't know if you still need them, but this is what you need:

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/jf3/

They have them at BestBuy: 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/JayBird+-+Freedom+Bluetooth+Earbud+Headphones/2264036.p?id=1218316933151&skuId=2264036

Sweat warranty for life, and if you do decide to be a db you can use them also with your cell Smile

flatland mountaineer

I have a Jabra Clipper bluetooth device. I has earbuds on a short cord connected to a small clip I hook to my collar or a chest pocket. I don't know if this is what you are looking for but I like it. I can also take calls and talk on the go.

http://www.jabra.com/sites/mobile/na-us/products/pages/jabraclipper.aspx

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

I don't know if you still need them, but this is what you need:

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/jf3/

They have them at BestBuy: 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/JayBird+-+Freedom+Bluetooth+Earbud+Headphones/2264036.p?id=1218316933151&skuId=2264036

Sweat warranty for life, and if you do decide to be a db you can use them also with your cell Smile

They are, but what do we think the chances are of them falling out my ears? Tongue

I'm in no rush now as I my hoover and my headphones had a slight miss-hap, so I've replaced them with some wired ones for now Wink
                        And what is the obsession with being a db and using them with my cell? I've never had so many people suggest I am or might be a db :P We don't have this problem here, the police don't care if you hold your cell and talk on it while you drive! They have better things to do than care. I'm not even sure if it's an offense. The police don't really do much here, for example, the unwritten rule than 20km over the speed limit is acceptable, 120km in a 100km speed limit is not a fineable offense, but 121 is Wink (Seriously!)

I have a Jabra Clipper bluetooth device. I has earbuds on a short cord connected to a small clip I hook to my collar or a chest pocket. I don't know if this is what you are looking for but I like it. I can also take calls and talk on the go.

http://www.jabra.com/sites/mobile/na-us/products/pages/jabraclipper.aspx

I do quite like the look of these, I may investigate more!

Thanks guys & gals! Lots of information for dbs Tongue

Maui

[quote]They are, but what do we think the chances are of them falling out my ears? [/quote]

I just got them and they don't fall out of your ears, they come with six different sizes of the ear tips thingys. I've already used them in 3 different runs and they stay put.

[quote]And what is the obsession with being a db and using them with my cell? I've never had so many people suggest I am or might be a db :P We don't have this problem here, the police don't care if you hold your cell and talk on it while you drive! They have better things to do than care. I'm not even sure if it's an offense. [/quote]

Yeah, I don't get it either. 

xor

Ah yes.  "Why are headphones bad".

One of our comets with a very brief period.

I could tell you why some folks think you are a douchebag for talking on your phone and driving or talking on your phone with headphones in or whatever, but it wouldn't really matter.  I don't actually think you ARE a douchebag.  But there are good reasons to not do it.

Speaking of douchebags, how are we doing on vaccinations this year?

Menace to Sobriety

Speaking of douchebags, how are we doing on vaccinations this year?

I've had my douchebag vaccination, but it doesn't seem to be very effective. Must be a particularly robust strain of douchebag going around this season.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Dave

I don't want wireless, I just want a pair with a really short cord just long enough to reach from my hat to my ears (I clip a shuffle to my hat).

I'd go bluetooth but I don't want my aluminum foil hat to get all sweaty.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com