2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

7 days done, average of 3.4 miles per day.  17-18 mpw average in October and November before starting the streak.

I definitely feel like I'm close to the "too much" line, but so far not crossing over it.  Today will be number 8 - a slow two miles around the block rest day after work.

npaden

69 degrees yesterday evening for my run.  21 degrees and ice out there right now.  I think I'll be on the treadmill tonight.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Haha!  I won't hate you either -- I joined the crazy streak train years ago.  I am just excited because I am getting closer to passing my old streak.  Smile

Yeah, people, check out Ojo's streaks if you're looking for some inspiration!

joescott

Yeah, people, check out Ojo's streaks if you're looking for some inspiration!

+1.  Yeah.  I stalked her yesterday.  Very impressed and somewhat intimidated!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

I haven't been posting each day, but I have been running. Streak is currently at 8 days (haven't run yet today) with an average of 8.3 mi/day. Planning an easy 6-7 this evening.

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

Hoodoo Guru

I am out.  I started this streak 4 days after my fall marathon, and my body is telling me to rest now rather than run. And I am listening.

The tangents are moot.

Run Long, and Prosper!

Day 8 of the holiday streak complete with a 5 miler. Averaging 9.1 miles per day for the month of December.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

I am usually a few days behind on updating my log when between training plans, but I am still streaking on.  Had one worry day on Saturday where I just did a few miles with the girlfriend and the dog.  I twisted my leg and my calf was tight, but no pain.  Fortunately, it resolved itself pretty quickly.

I'm shooting for 3,000 miles in 2013.  If I stick to the plan I'm supposed to start next Monday, that should happen.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                  Emil Zatopek

I am out.  I started this streak 4 days after my fall marathon, and my body is telling me to rest now rather than run. And I am listening.

Ahem.  I believe the rules prohibit dropping out completely.  Once physically able, you must rejoin us.  What do you say - start again on Sunday?  In a week?  C'mon, you know you want to!

Hoodoo Guru

Ahem.  I believe the rules prohibit dropping out completely.  Once physically able, you must rejoin us.  What do you say - start again on Sunday?  In a week?  C'mon, you know you want to!

How about when it warms up?  I can definitely re-start in a week or so, I hope.  That will keep me from getting too lazy.

The tangents are moot.

xhristopher

So, in other words, a delayed monkey attack.

Evolving body parts

Checking in with 10.7 km for day 13. Below freezing, roads are getting slippery.

There's a big storm is supposed to come our way in a few hours, but tonight it was still pretty nice. Not sure what it'll be like tomorrow though. Germany is already hit by Xaver, some say it's the biggest any living soul has ever seen there.

I pray noone will hurt - runner or not.

Another lurker stepping out. Smile  I was never a streaker, but I was lurking last year it was time to do something about it. Day seven, low mileage, heading for 202 km (201 km in May). Doable if my Achilles doesn't flare up. I had a really bad case od tendonitis ten years ago when I did the Camino de Santiago, it took me over a year to get rid of it.

Actually when I think about it, walking the Camino was streaking. 32 days of walking/hiking 25 km a day on average. But not running. It's my dream to run the Camino some day. Not gonna happen, but I can dreamSmile.

Hoodoo Guru

So, in other words, a delayed monkey attack.

Yes!

The tangents are moot.

TJoseph

Six miles for me tonight.  I really wasn't motivated, but the streak made me do it.