2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

xhristopher

If I run at all today, I'm in.  It's -16 outside right now.  The predicted high today is 1 degree with windchills down to -33.  Even if I run to the car from the door at work today I'm in the club, huh?

Probably yeah. But it would get you kicked from this club.

I think -16 with -33 windchill would make joining a gym or buying a treadmill sound very reasonable.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It's 1 degree outside.  I ran 1 mile.

And when it's 80 degrees, you'll run 80 miles?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Nearly skipped last night for safety reasons - pea soup fog.  Instead, I waited until 8pm and then drove myself to a quiet development where I could be assured of little traffic.  Encountered one car in 2+ miles.  Day eight in the bag.

I enjoy running in fog, but yeah, be safe.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Still in.  Most likely not going to get 201 though.

A warm / humid 3 miles this morning.

steph  

joescott

10mi.  14deg.  Wind N13mph.

On these days I tell myself this is why I will beat guys when spring and summer come back around.  Cool

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

joescott

A warm / humid 3 miles this morning.

Boo!!   Wink

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

5 miles at the gym this morning!  Day 9.. hoping to get outside this weekend.  It is just to dark in the morning and with the traffic and school buses, I just suck it up and do it inside.   Keeps peace with my husband as well..

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Runner100

-

Run Long, and Prosper!

Day 9: 6.5 miles in sunny 75* weather! Cool Definitely not the norm.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

Evolving body parts

About 3 miles at a very easy pace. I think I'm coming down with a cold but don't wanna give in.

I heard somewhere that cold air is good for for upper respiratory tract troubles. Wasn't easy to get out of the door, but the run felt good.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

About 3 miles at a very easy pace. I think I'm coming down with a cold but don't wanna give in.

I heard somewhere that cold air is good for for upper respiratory tract troubles. Wasn't easy to get out of the door, but the run felt good.

I'm running through a cold, too.  I know I feel better during and after my runs.  I think that it's easier to handle the rare colds that I get, now that I'm a runner.

xhristopher

I'm running through a cold, too.  I know I feel better during and after my runs.  I think that it's easier to handle the rare colds that I get, now that I'm a runner.

Running helps headaches too. It's like magic.

TJoseph

Running seems to help when I have a cold, but it makes my headaches worse.  I guess it depends on what causes your headache.  Eight miles for me tonight.

Running with a cold is tough. It does clear out the sinuses but don't let yourself get too tired. Tricky during the holidays. 4 on day 11. Season's first snow coming tonight. May have to switch the morning run with shoveling.

2 miles for me this morning with wind chill temps at 7 below! So cool seeing yesterday's footprints still lingering in the snow. I've never run this many days in a row, nor come anywhere close to these temps. Feeling a little puffed up like I've crossed some imaginary runner's line. Smile

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K