2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

Evolving body parts

Friday 13 brought day 21 of my strike. Another 8.3 miles thrown into the soup. Thankfully I did not freeze.

I am trying to improve my form learning midfoot strike. Today was pretty good, I felt lighter and faster than usual. Running was not so laboured. The usual aches that go away by mile 2-3 (ankle, arch, otside of sole) were now completely different.

I have no idea what that means. But I hope it's just using different muscles in my feet. 

TJoseph

One mile this morning and that is probably all I am going to have time for today.  I am headed home after a two week business trip.

joescott

Dodged a would be streak-killing bullet today.  Got home from my run and within the next 30 minutes freezing rain started hitting the ground and made our driveway and the sidewalks like an ice rink.  Glad I got up and got it done!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've been doing it for 15 days (soon to be 16 days tonight) straight.

I started my streak on Thanksgiving Day, haven't really changed my present running schedule - I just run 1-2 miles on the 3 days I was normally not running. Just a tad bit sore during the first week, but man I am feeling great now.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

jpdeaux

13 on Friday the 13th and 100th day in this streak.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Your lucky day!

joescott

Your lucky day!

+ 1.  Very cool!

BTW, yes, Led.  I need math drills.  While running!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Runner100

-

jpdeaux

I need to buy a lottery ticket then. Or maybe go on a date.

Your lucky day!

CT JEFF

Friday 13 brought day 21 of my strike. Another 8.3 miles thrown into the soup. Thankfully I did not freeze.

I am trying to improve my form learning midfoot strike. Today was pretty good, I felt lighter and faster than usual. Running was not so laboured. The usual aches that go away by mile 2-3 (ankle, arch, otside of sole) were now completely different.

I have no idea what that means. But I hope it's just using different muscles in my feet. 

My Achillies is bothering me this week. I was trying to forefoot land in the snow. Normally this "exercise" doesnt bother me this much, but thinking the cushioning of the snow - or the instability of it... changed the dynamics some.

Quote from jpdeaux on 12/13/2013 at 4:03 PM:

COOL!

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

Fanilow

First mile on a treadmill.  No faceplant. I have a new respect for those who do a lot of treadmill miles...it was tough and I ran way slower than my normal slow.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

snow

Was going to take the easy way out and just watch the snow and drink beer today...but have to say this thread (which I'm not even a part of officially - though I guess with this post I am), got me out the door. Keep running, folks! (even if it's just up and down and up and down your street)

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                          jpdeaux

That looks like your own private 6-lane track. I guess I'd best get out before that stuff gets here. If I time it right I can run today before it hits, then let it snow all night, then get out tomorrow after the plows clear the roads for me.

Ya'll can keep that white stuff. Last 3 days its been 18 degrees each morning. Today mid 40's, drizzle and wind. Good day for a run.

Get off my porch

Joann Y

10 for me today. Winter wonderland out there and a toasty 31F