2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

Intentionally Blank

10 miles on the treadmill today.  I could have gone outside, but I'm having some tummy troubles.  Watched a Werner Herzog documentary called Happy People: a year in the Taiga.

Run Long, and Prosper!

Still streaking. 146 down, 108 to go.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Streaking here too! Finally a break from the -30*C and worse windchill but instead it was 40kph winds. Ugly. Using the DM often but still getting at least a mile a day in. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

TJoseph

Flew back to Maine today, but kept the streak going with a late run.

I'm still streaking too, ran a recovery double today on my 20th day (so more than halfway to beating my previous longest streak of 39 days the last time I did this).

Just noticed (well, after I used the calculator on my phone) that if I stick even fairly close to my plan, that I will break 2500 miles for the year for the first time ever on 12/25! How awesome is that? Sort of like my Christmas present to myself.

Happy streaking, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

xhristopher

Best grandma ever

Wasn't thinking I was so cool 10 feet before blast off. The only thing running through my head was, "Bad idea. Bad idea! BAD IDEA!" There was no stopping. Seriously so grateful for my recovery.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

10 miles on the treadmill today.  I could have gone outside, but I'm having some tummy troubles.  Watched a Werner Herzog documentary called Happy People: a year in the Taiga.

That's a good one. Herzog is pretty awesome.

joescott

Still hangin' in.  gettin' some decent mileage totals which is kinda fun.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

mikeymike

I did *I think*  my longest ever treadmill run this morning ... and it wasn't even bad. The difference between a good treadmill and a bad treadmill--not to mention between a treadmill in a big open space vs a claustrophobic hotel fitness center or my basement--can not be overstated.

I can see myself logging some serious treadmill miles this winter if the current weather pattern keeps up.

Runners run

8.4 miles on day 22. 3F when I went out this morn. Now I'm inside & warm while it's snowing outside. Sweet

Hit day 21 yesterday and finally went over the 1000 miles mark for the year, so wahoo

CT JEFF

Day 26. 12.1 on the TM at work gym then drove home in -2. Decided to get me some "more miles than degrees" points. 1.0 for 3 points. Could have gone farther if I'd brought gloves with me.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

Still in! No fever today, 7 km on the TM. I really enjoyed today's run. And I enjoy streaking. I never thought I would! I'm taking antibiotics now  and I expect my sinuses to be OK in a few of days. I don't think I'll be able to reach the wanted mileage, but that's OK.

And my 19 days of running beat my 18 days of not running ( in spring I had a flu which completely wiped me out)!

Joann Y

Still chugging along at day 28. I have to say that I am really enjoying the streak. What I really like is how it becomes a non-question as to whether I will run on a particular day. The answer is always the same.