2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

mikeymike

Doing great. There's about a zero percent chance I'll hit my mileage quota (too much racing and traveling this month) but I'm feeling good, training is going great and one of the two days this month that was legitimately worried about is behind me. So I'm optimistic I'll make it through the end of the year with the streak intact.

I hadn't taken a day off since November 1 when this all started, so I'm at like 48 days. If I make it, I'll probably force myself to take a day off in early January just to make sure the streak doesn't become "a thing" to my OCD personality. I'd be at 60 days at that point. That's enough.

Runners run

Joann Y

TWO WEEKS TO GO!!

Ok, we've dropped a dozen runners along the way. I trust they are still working consistently towards their end of year mileage goals.

How's everyone doing? Anyone else out? Anyone barely hanging on sick or dinged up?

Going well. No issues to report. I think I'm more tired than usual, if anything. I'm happy to be on target for my mileage goal of 180 which would be my biggest month ever and includes some consistent 40 mile weeks. If all goes well, looking to increase mileage in Jan and Feb. Might stick with the streak; I think it works well for me. I'm aiming for the Napa marathon on March 2, looking for a PR (which shouldn't be difficult considering how abominably my first one went).

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

TWO WEEKS TO GO!!

Ok, we've dropped a dozen runners along the way. I trust they are still working consistently towards their end of year mileage goals.

How's everyone doing? Anyone else out? Anyone barely hanging on sick or dinged up?

I like how the runners who have broken their streaks are still motivated to resume and extend their new streaks into the new year.

No problem with my streak, but I'm going to have a really hard time meeting my mileage goal, due to, well, life.

DaBurger

TWO WEEKS TO GO!!

+3 days? I don't think that mileage goal is gonna happen, probably going to be ~250-270, but still feeling good.  Convinced myself that paper writing would go better after I ran a 10 mile TM workout last night.

Know thyself.

TWO WEEKS TO GO!!

I'm still in. It's been surprisingly easy. My streak started a few days before Thanksgiving. I just wasn't calling it one yet. If I make it through this week the next two weeks should be fine. This week I've gone out in the snowiest & the coldest conditions I've encountered in my latest running incarnation. I'm feeling it today because my last couple of runs have featured new routes with some fun hills. I well past what I thought what I'd do for mileage. I'm not sure what I'm going to do after New Year's.

Runner100

-

Ojo

I'm still in!

And keep running every day . . . think of all those extra calories you get so you can eat more cookies! 

Sara

MM #2929

Still chugging. And feeling a lot better than I thought I would. Day 39 for me.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                  We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

TWO WEEKS TO GO!!

Still hanging in - not exactly logging massive miles lately but still sticking with it. Tough getting out there day-after-day when the weather has been pretty consistently lousy, but I do enjoy the feeling after having gotten out there.

I hit my yearly mileage goal for the year earlier this week so anything from here on out is just the gravy on the icing.

Still going, day 187 in the current streak and 1,565 miles. Feeling stronger than ever. Actually that's one of the reasons for starting the streak.

Get off my porch

joescott

Still in!  A little somethin'-somethin' going on with my left knee, but I think I'm going to cut mileage in half next week as a down week & let it settle down, so from that point it should be, knock on wood, just coasting through New Year's Day.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

PADRunner

TWO WEEKS TO GO!!

Still in. Not sure how I''m going to handle a colonoscopy next Friday though.

Still in.  I under estimated my goal by a lot.  I said 180 and have about 167 miles 23 days in.  Still feeling good!!

xhristopher

Still in. Not sure how I''m going to handle a colonoscopy next Friday though.

Well, that sounds crappy.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

...What I really like is how it becomes a non-question as to whether I will run on a particular day. The answer is always the same.

Yes, I appreciate this too -- nice simplification for my noggin.

I'm still going.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.