2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

jamlevasseur29

I feel great.  There have been times it has put a bit of stress to get the run in- weather, work, kids, but haven't missed one yet!  Warmer weather headed to NE this weekend so I can go long!!

jpdeaux

Eight today on wet asphalt was kind of nice.

TJoseph

Done.  Tomorrow is another travel day, but then I will be home for the rest of the year.

First time during the streak my legs felt tired since the beginning of the streak. Day 24. Done.

TWO WEEKS TO GO!!

Ok, we've dropped a dozen runners along the way. I trust they are still working consistently towards their end of year mileage goals.

How's everyone doing? Anyone else out? Anyone barely hanging on sick or dinged up?

I'm still in! 23 days and 183 miles. I have a slight cold and also a very minor flare-up of the patellar tendinitis that has plagued me off and on for 30 years (mostly off the last several years, fortunately, and it didn't bother me tonight). But I did an interval workout tonight and am pretty confident I can stay in it into the new year. Great job, everyone!!!

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

I'm still in -- except for 2 days when I slept non-stop due to a virus. That's 21 days out of the last 23 days, which is the most I've strung together. I'm on pace to easily hit my 50 mile goal. I know that's something most of you manage in a week or less, but tons for me. So proud of me! Still not sure if being sick for two days is a deal breaker. Just to be a good egg, I'm going to keep this going to my 54th birthday at the end of January. That should make up for it.

Congrats to everywhere still going strong. This is a great experience and really helping me with consistency and routine.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Run Long, and Prosper!

I'm still in and on pace to reach my December mileage goal.  Did 5 yesterday at lunch, will get in at least 10 more miles today.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

Run Long, and Prosper!

I'm still in -- except for 2 days when I slept non-stop due to a virus. That's 21 days out of the last 23 days, which is the most I've strung together. I'm on pace to easily hit my 50 mile goal. I know that's something most of you manage in a week or less, but tons for me. So proud of me! Still not sure if being sick for two days is a deal breaker. Just to be a good egg, I'm going to keep this going to my 54th birthday at the end of January. That should make up for it.

Congrats to everywhere still going strong. This is a great experience and really helping me with consistency and routine.

Nice job Kathleen! How many days will that be when you reach your birthday? Was just thinking a 54 day streak to celebrate 54 years would be pretty cool

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

xhristopher

Sorry to hear, Kathleen. I'm glad to know it's been and will continue to be a positive endeavor.

Joann Y

Got a 4 mile run commute planned for this afternoon from the train downtown to home. Should be a good one.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

6.5 this morning in snow and sub-zero windchill, yet I was warm.  Nice.  Tonight I'm going on a 5K holiday run, decorated with battery-powered lights and an antlered Santa hat with jingle bells. Smile

Intentionally Blank

Still in.  Some mild health issues have kep the mileage low.  I'm having sinus problems or something, so I've had a recurring head for what feels like ever.  I'm not too ill to run, but too ill to give a hoot about getting in any mileage.

At some point, the streak becomes as easy as brushing teeth.  It just happens, without having to negotiate life around it.

Carbs and Cabernet

Still going.

I used to think going out for fewer than 4 miles was not really worth the trouble of the associated laundry.

Now I enjoy the satisfying routine of even the very, very short runs no matter what. But being a part of this welcoming streak community is the real bonus!

How could I have not tried this in all those years?!

Runner100

-

Still in od day 22, although I only did 2 km today. Looks like I have a mild stomach bug or something. Ain't I lucky - just as my sinuses were starting to really clear up. Nausea and cramping, but not real bad. Hope I'm back to normal tomorrow. I really enjoy this streak and would hate to end it because of some stupid bug.

Xhristopher, looks like I'm not on the "official" list. Could you please put me on it, assigned mileage 202 km. Thanks!