2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Got a chuckle out of the Committee meeting above.

Still running.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

still going, still avoiding the dreadmill.

Get off my porch

crap. i'm screwed

Yeah, me too, almost, but thanks to the committee were're in the clear!

I actually love my treadmill. There's no way I could keep running consistently without it. With three kids in the house and husband not as much in the house as the kids...  So I just decided to catch up on movies and series while running and that's it. After a month of running on the TM I crave the outdoors, but hubby's not home so it's the TM again tonight.

Ojo

Happy to report that 874 out of 876 days have been run outside.  The 2 treadmill days were only because we were traveling across country and I was in towns I did not know, running early in the morning.

Sara

MM #2929

jpdeaux

Sociable 14 Saturday, 1 interrupted by life yesterday, and 8 seriously glorious miles in 32 degree rain today.

8 hours/8 days to 2000 hours.

Joann Y

I actually love my treadmill. There's no way I could keep running consistently without it. With three kids in the house and husband not as much in the house as the kids...  So I just decided to catch up on movies and series while running and that's it. After a month of running on the TM I crave the outdoors, but hubby's not home so it's the TM again tonight.

This is my case too. Working full time, kid at home, and living in a sketchy-ish neighborhood make having the treadmill really nice and very convenient. Not to mention icy sidewalks, etc. Thank god xhristopher contacted the powers that be and pushed this through so quickly this morning.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

IMPORTANT STREAK UPDATE

As many noticed, the "Going very fast on the treadmill--safe?" thread listed essentially two viewpoints with slight variations on methods of "running." Road running and treadmill running reflected the most popular methods of running according to the earlier discussion between Fuzzy and NHLA and featured their opposing opinions. To avoid a situation where only one viewpoint could invalidate miles and years of logged "running" on RA, the Committee discussed the viewpoints and declaring the majority of discussants upon the viewpoint that treadmill running is in fact running prior and henceforth after today's date to in fact remain valid. When looking at the total discussants of the vote for the viewpoint pairs, the minority opinion represented less than 5% of gathered opinion. Additionally, the two top viewpoints were not 5% apart. Because the most popular viewpoint was not in doubt, the Committee hereby declares treadmill running as running. This results in a vote between the viewpoints based on survey results and the top opinions are hereby binding without prejudice and may no longer be challenged.

Carry on with your running, upon whatever surface you deem appropriate.

OMG indeed! I did my first TM run, or "run" in about a year this morning, because of a blanket of snow in an unfamiliar town. Then to learn that I may not have been running almost gave me a heart attack.

MTA: Fixed typos from phone.

TJoseph

Just a short easy run today.  Unfortunately, a broken treadmill forced me to run outside today.  Replacement parts have been ordered.  46 degrees and sunny.

mikeymike

An easy 7 on the mill and my foot is basically fine. All systems go.

Runners run

joescott

Mostly easy 6 on the dreadmill.  Actually I got quite impatient with the 'mill today and hammered the last mile at about 5:45.  But that was without wind resistance or any incline to compensate for wind resistance.  Ya know.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Harnessed some mad balance momentum forces on my treadmill run today. Day 43. I liked yesterday when all the blocks on the little calendar were squared. It was neat.

I've been put on notice that my intended Xmas run is "not a family priority"...but I think I can still sneak it in.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                        mikeymike

I've been put on notice that my intended Xmas run is "not a family priority"...but I think I can still sneak it in.

I am planning ahead. I conspired with my daughter (who's in winter track season and has a meet on Dec 26th) to ask me on Christmas morning if I'll go for a run with her.

Runners run

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

Is teaching DD how to co-opt DS a good long-term strategy?

I am planning ahead. I conspired with my daughter (who's in winter track season and has a meet on Dec 26th) to ask me on Christmas morning if I'll go for a run with her.

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
                            Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

diabolical

Smart. Very, very smart.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                                We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes