2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

TJoseph

I agree.  It would be bad karma to start the new year without a run.  8 for me today.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

A painful slog of 15 today.

steph  

xhristopher

It's a Holiday to Holiday streak. The rule's state that you must run on New Years Day. Enjoy it!

Finally got my running mojo back after 5 rough days. 10 miles in the sun. Felt easy and light on my feet. Some guy seemed to want to race me at the end so I dropped the hammer on him. It was kinda dumb but felt good to blow the rust out.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Holiday travel and activities have made my running a bit sporadic, but the streak indeed lives!  Need to share a pic of the background for my recent runs.  Jealous?

Ever since I ended my 2013 "run 365 in 2013" idea about midway through the year, I have fallen off the pace the past few months and especially coming into year end.

I'm thinking someone should start a "Run 365 in 2014" thread.   Personally, I am going to try it because mentally when I run every day, I do better.  even if it is only a 2-miler on any given day, I have much better weekly/monthly totals, and much better race performances as well.

If you run every day, you can't fall off the bandwagon and not run for 3 or 4 days at a time, like I have been doing!   Anyone thinking of running 365 in 2014?

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

joescott

Jealous?

VERY!

But at least you and I can get there in a day's drive from home.  Our poor brothers and sisters out east.... sad, sad, sad.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

joescott

Some guy seemed to want to race me at the end so I dropped the hammer on him. It was kinda dumb but felt good to blow the rust out.

Dumb, but essential!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

With enough pie, cookies, ice cream, and beer, I've managed to gain over five pounds during the 2013 Holiday Running Streak. With a can-do and adequately gluttonous attitude, you can too! Dare to dream!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

With enough pie, cookies, ice cream, and beer, I've managed to gain over five pounds during the 2013 Holiday Running Streak. With a can-do and adequately gluttonous attitude, you can too! Dare to dream!

Sadly, I'm with you.

steph  

Sadly, I'm with you.

Just think how much stronger your legs will be from carrying all that extra weight!

Holiday travel and activities have made my running a bit sporadic, but the streak indeed lives!  Need to share a pic of the background for my recent runs.  Jealous?

You betcha!

Get off my porch

It's a Holiday to Holiday streak. The rule's state that you must run on New Years Day. Enjoy it!

Finally got my running mojo back after 5 rough days. 10 miles in the sun. Felt easy and light on my feet. Some guy seemed to want to race me at the end so I dropped the hammer on him. It was kinda dumb but felt good to blow the rust out.

New year's day is covered. Fat Ass 50k, 7th year.

Dropping the hammer is good, if you can pull it off.

Get off my porch

4 on 33. Black ice in spots. Good times. I've put on a few pounds too, but was not quite the gorge-a-thon of years past.

Tried sharing a picture. Does RA not like flickr?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Tried sharing a picture. Does RA not like flickr?

It can be done, but if the flickr account is set to obscure the links, it can be tricky to get the link to the actual image.

You might want to double-check that your flickr link is directly to a photo, and not to a web page containing the photo. That is, the link should end with .jpg, I think.

Quick test:

Creative Commons attribution link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zoutedrop/4116996137/

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.