Too Old to run (Read 591 times)

DoppleBock

My wife's granfather ran into his 90s - He would shuffle along at a pretty decent pace for 20-30 minutes a day.  Of course the downside - His body outlasted his mind ...

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

ClubRunning Spring /Summer 2013 has an article on Hugh Campbell a world class Octogenarian who started running 2 years ago at 86! He's been setting records in NY running a 5K at 26:45 and 10K at 62:24! Guess its never to late to start!

bob e v
      2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

I plan to keep running for as long as I can.   ----Until I get to the point when I start running and forget where the house is.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

leonasmith1977

Addicted to Running

You are not to old, I started at 62, almost 5 years ago. The first months everything ached, then went slowly away. Somewhere along the line I fell in love with it! Take it slow, no slower, as had been said by others. This it is a great group of folks. Listen to them

That's pretty awesome. Smile It's never too late to make positive lifestyle changes.

I plan to keep running for as long as I can.   ----Until I get to the point when I start running and forget where the house is.

That's where the "return home" function on your garmin comes in Smile

I have actually used that when I've been running in an unfamiliar place and become hopelessly lost...