Dick hurt in the cold morning (Read 4741 times)

pedaling fool

Living in Florida I don't really have this problem, but I did run today without lining in my shorts (which I almost never do) and my junk fell out. Probably should not run that route for a whille Big grin

dallison

registered pw

I have to wear shorts, tights, and sweatpants to keep somewhat warm.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

zonykel

Is it that time of year again?

xhristopher

Is it that time of year again?

Sure is. I hear everyone got their monkey nearly frozen off yesterday in TN.

If you appreciate juvenile humor I recommend going back and reading the first couple pages of this thread. It's a hoot.

JimR

Athlinks has a lot of unclaimed results for a runner (or runners) named 'Richard Kurtz'.

xhristopher

Athlinks has a lot of unclaimed results for a runner (or runners) named 'Richard Kurtz'.

Why don't you send them a correction and let them know that Richard is way to formal for running and you'd like to be listed as Dick?

zonykel

Well, there is a Richard Hurt in athlinks.

Sounds like a few of  you fellas are soft, can't handle a little cold. I ran down by Cape Cod bay on Sunday wind chill was around 8 degrees. I was wearing a pair of patagonia river shorts, a power stretch top and and a hat and was toasty.

Sounds like a few of  you fellas are soft, can't handle a little cold. I ran down by Cape Cod bay on Sunday wind chill was around 8 degrees. I was wearing a pair of patagonia river shorts, a power stretch top and and a hat and was toasty.

Fast running generates more heat than slow running. When you're tooling along down by the water at 14:30 5k pace, just chillin to some Missing Persons on the iPod, you're generating s lot more heat than most of these fart knockers.

Runners run

No Talent Drips

Fast running generates more heat than slow running. When you're tooling along down by the water at 14:30 5k pace, just chillin to some Missing Persons on the iPod, you're generating s lot more heat than most of these fart knockers.

Is a 14:30 5k fast? I did that once just after writing and directing a hit play, so I'm not sweatin it either.

Dei Gratia

MikeyMike, you'd be surprised how fast you can run as well  when you're thinking about banging Dale Bozzio and your Jergens hand lotion is back in the car. Nemo, congrats on the play.

Wouldn't a condom have better wind blocking properties?

Well, I don't think a condom is going to stay with my small dick without some stimulation.

5k - 20:56 (09/12), 7k - 28:40 (11/12), 10k trial - 43:08  (03/13), 42:05 (05/13), FM - 3:09:28 (05/13), HM - 1:28:20 (05/14), Failed 10K trial - 6:10/mi for 4mi (08/14), FM - 3:03 (09/14)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

See equipment pictured on pp. 1 and 3.

Rod Staples

I have run in temperatures 20 below or more, and all I use is a Rod Sock its just a insulated sock that you wear on the outside to block the wind or I use a cotton wash cloth and stick on the inside and insulates.  Either one works and its cheap!  Run On!

PDoe

"There's a reason why they stick out--they have to be slightly cooler than body temperature"

That may apply to the 'beans' but I'm pretty sure that's not why 'Frank' sticks out.

FWIW, only happened to me once on a sub-0, breezy day. It was very painful. I'm usually comfortable in shorts down to about 32°F and calm. Colder or windier, add pants. Below 10°F or very windy I've got some UnderArmor compression shorts that will go on underneath everything.