MB Gravity Correction (Read 528 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I know they were doing some work today that was supposed to be done by 5pm PDT. I did not have elevation gain of 1k feet over the course of 6 miles...we don't even have areas like that here. Is it working yet for anyone? Will I need to re-upload my workout? I no longer see the little news bar at the top of the MB pages, but my workout has not corrected itself since I uploaded it.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

PWL

Has been

It is very important to set your Garmin to correct for gravity before you use it for the first time. If you don't, it won't properly calculate your heart rate on low gravity days. Go to "Menu"--"Settings"--"Gravity Settings"--and make sure it is set for 1.000 G's. Just a little helpful hint...

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You're pulling my leg, aren't you? I don't see this...I'm talking about the corrections on MB (which I was able to fix after the fact on that individual entry), not on the Garmin itself.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

PWL

Has been

You're pulling my leg, aren't you? I don't see this...I'm talking about the corrections on MB (which I was able to fix after the fact on that individual entry), not on the Garmin itself.
          You caught me--I was mistaken. I think your area of Michigan is a couple of hundred feet above sea level so you should really set it to around 1.0907 G's. Sorry I didn't mention this earlier. Wouldn't want to steer you wrong!

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."