The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And Rick has ballz.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Durrr

There was a dynamic shift at the end of this episode. Suddenly it was no longer "Herschel and his kin vs. Rick and the Group" but "the farm folks vs. the intruding fellas from Philly." It was clear that the southerners were uniting against those damn yankees!

Matthew Sherman

So glad it's back.....Rick was definitely trying to prove something to Herschel (and maybe himself) by taking out the Philly boys so quickly.....and how long before Dales proclamation "he'll kill again" become prophetic and Shane takes him out.  Soon I hope, he's getting tedious....no one like the guy who thinks he's the moral compass all the time.

2012Goals: Run 1500 miles  *   < 3:30 marathon  *  Complete first 70.3  

<20 5K

Scotch, Scotch, Scotch.....Down in my belly.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yup.  It will be interesting to see how that plays out, now.  And those guys from Philly were creepy.  What's weird is I saw a brief clip of the Philly guys entering the bar a while back...for some reason I got it in my head that it was Merle.  So it totally threw me that it wasn't Merle.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So glad it's back.....Rick was definitely trying to prove something to Herschel (and maybe himself) by taking out the Philly boys so quickly.....and how long before Dales proclamation "he'll kill again" become prophetic and Shane takes him out.  Soon I hope, he's getting tedious....no one like the guy who thinks he's the moral compass all the time.

Funny you say that, for a long time I would have said I was Team Dale, rather than Team Shane...but I think Shane was right to do what he did.  Now there are a bunch of zombies no longer posing threat to the people at the farm.

Something I was thinking about re: the Philly guys, I wonder if they were honest about Fort Benning.  Are there really no safe places?  I'd like to see the group leave the farm, since the setting is becoming rather boring.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Best Week Ever's recap is up.  DH totally hollered "no, not Glenn...I am totally done watching if they off Glenn!"

Before he leaves, Glenn is pulled aside by Maggie, who in typical two-faced Maggie fashion tells him “I love you.” Glenn spills this info to Rick as they’re driving to town, adding “I never had I chance to say ‘I love you’ back.” UHHHHH OHHHHHH – is that not the ultimate “Obviously Gonna Die” red flag? Is Glenn also one day away from retiring from the force?

~ Sarah Kay

ultramarathon/triathlete

I wonder about the other folks in the Philly guys' group.  Are they going to stumble upon Dave and the fat man, realize they were not victims of walkers, and come after the farmy southerners? 

And yeah, after the car accident, no baby.  Good way to allow them to leave the farm I guess. 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                Gatorade Endurance Team

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And yeah, after the car accident, no baby.  Good way to allow them to leave the farm I guess. 

I wouldn't mind it if there were no Lori, either.  If I had to choose zombies getting Lori or Glenn I would gladly sacrifice that chick.  She is not a likable character at all.  I actually like Shane more than Lori.

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

Finally got to watch it last night and caught the preview for next week this morning online, and it looks like one of the Philly guys' friends makes his way to the farm.  There was a mention that they might go to war if they let him get back to his friends - wouldnt it be cool if they went to war and then Merle drove in at the last  minute and saved the day?  Or maybe Merle is with this other group now?  I'm still waiting for him to come back - you know he didnt let himself get caught by the Walkers.

They can't off Glenn - that would suck.  but the mother of Sophia could go now - she has no purpose left.

I have to say I loved the determination in Herschel's eyes when he and Rick were telling the Philly guys that they couldnt come to the farm.  He looked like he was ready to throw down if necessary.

jeffdonahue

Decent start to the second half of the season, but again - this is called the Walking Dead, and there just werent enough Walkers in this episode.  The mom was still alive under the other Walkers, and then the one that Lori hit, but that was it.

Menace to Sobriety

I think in any apocalyptic situation, at some point the survivors will become the biggest danger to each other, even in a zombie apocalypse. Walkers are easy to evade. They're slow, dumb and predictable, and easy to kill. Desperate humans with no accountabilty are an entirely different story.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Durrr

I think in any apocalyptic situation, at some point the survivors will become the biggest danger to each other, even in a zombie apocalypse. Walkers are easy to evade. They're slow, dumb and predictable, and easy to kill. Desperate humans with no accountabilty are an entirely different story.

That was the very much the case in 28 Days Later, when the rogue soldiers offering refuge to survivors were revealed to be harboring some dark ulterior motives.

I was amused how "walkers" turned out to be just the south's regional term for the walking undead. What was it that the Philly guys called them? Maybe they'll eventually meet someone from, say, Wyoming, who calls walkers "zombies" --- to which members of the group would say, "How did y'all come up with a bizarre term like 'zombies'?"

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Decent start to the second half of the season, but again - this is called the Walking Dead, and there just werent enough Walkers in this episode.  The mom was still alive under the other Walkers, and then the one that Lori hit, but that was it.

A comment I had seen somewhere during the first season made sense to me..."the walking dead" isn't referring to the zombies, it's referring to the living who are essentially as good as dead.  I've come to see the show much like a lot of the alien invasion movies where we see very little of the invaders.  Those stories become more about the living humans and how they deal with the world as they know it going to shit.

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

That was the very much the case in 28 Days Later, when the rogue soldiers offering refuge to survivors were revealed to be harboring some dark ulterior motives.

I was amused how "walkers" turned out to be just the south's regional term for the walking undead. What was it that the Philly guys called them? Maybe they'll eventually meet someone from, say, Wyoming, who calls walkers "zombies" --- to which members of the group would say, "How did y'all come up with a bizarre term like 'zombies'?"

I think they called them "lame brains"

jeffdonahue

A comment I had seen somewhere during the first season made sense to me..."the walking dead" isn't referring to the zombies, it's referring to the living who are essentially as good as dead.  I've come to see the show much like a lot of the alien invasion movies where we see very little of the invaders.  Those stories become more about the living humans and how they deal with the world as they know it going to shit.

Interesting take on the name - I hadnt really thought of it like that.  Guess I'm just a zombie-lover that wants to see more of them Big grin