The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Yeah...unless they were talking about driving North, then finding snowmobiles.  

The theory I've always heard in general zombie physiological talk from past movies and stuff is that zombies can't do cold...since they aren't technically alive they are kind of like cold-blooded critters and can't create their own warmth.  So require warmer ambient temps to stay mobile.

World War Z has a good treatment on this.  I highly recommend that book for Zed fans.  I particularly like Israel's response in the book.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My kid has read and reread both of Max Brooks' books.  I need to read them, as well...perhaps once I finish the 2 series I still need to finish (Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and Hunger Games trilogies).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Adios, Dale.  Though I think he was right, tonight.  It's going to be interesting to see how the thing plays out with Randall.  Something tells me Carl might be less of a brat after seeing that the zombie he may have led back to the farm ended up gutting one of his peeps.

~ Sarah Kay

Adios, Dale.  Though I think he was right, tonight. 

I guess we'll have to wait and see. The preview leads me to believe that he in fact, was not right.

Goals: To keep running regardless of what happens.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I guess we'll have to wait and see. The preview leads me to believe that he in fact, was not right.

Yeah, I'm not sure what I saw there...looks like the remaining 2 episodes this season will be pretty exciting, though.  The 2nd half of the season is starting to make up for the first half.  Next week's episode has something to do with someone (someones?) threatening the farm...makes me wonder of Randall is that someone.

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-212-the-walking-dead-better-angels

I thought it was really sweet when Herschel gave Glenn the pocket watch.  Herschel's done a 180 in my mind since the drunken bar scene.

~ Sarah Kay

vegefrog

I was so disappointed in last nights episode. Carl is so annoying! Why is no one watching that kid?? The entire episode was based on following him around doing things he shouldn't be doing. He's not even a cute kid, just weird looking and annoying.

Only one zombie? An entire episode dedicated to making ONE decision about a character who was only introduced to us 2 weeks ago?

Ugh. I don't know if I will continue to watch after this season, I get so frustrated watching the show, LOL!

I hope Randall does something in the next episode that makes it worth our while to care so much about whether he lives or dies.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was so disappointed in last nights episode. Carl is so annoying! Why is no one watching that kid?? The entire episode was based on following him around doing things he shouldn't be doing. He's not even a cute kid, just weird looking and annoying.

I hope Randall does something in the next episode that makes it worth our while to care so much about whether he lives or dies.

I hope it involves Carl...muwahahahahahaha!!!!

~ Sarah Kay

vegefrog

I hope it involves Carl...muwahahahahahaha!!!!

YES! That would be great Big grin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Carl and Herschel's younger daughter.....

~ Sarah Kay

RunsForCake

I am so glad a zombie took out Dale because if he didn't end up dead at the end of this week's episode I was going to reach into the TV and do it myself.

The only thing that would have been better is if that brat Carl went with him.

And Rick needs to grow a pair.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm pretty sure whatever it is the group has to guard against is related to Randall.  From the look of this Dale was wrong.

~ Sarah Kay

lagwagon

just caught up on the dvr...good episode, but as vfrog said, where are the zombies?!  too much talking!!!

my prediction...next week, randall gets away and disappears (to lead his people back to the farm in 2 wks...).  final episode of the season will be a standoff with the well-armed 30 pennsyltucky thugs.  it'll end with our heros on the run again.  question is, who will get shot or eaten on the way?   i say  herschel and his lil girl are both goners.  

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

just caught up on the dvr...good episode, but as vfrog said, where are the zombies?!  too much talking!!!

my prediction...next week, randall gets away and disappears (to lead his people back to the farm in 2 wks...).  final episode of the season will be a standoff with the well-armed 30 pennsyltucky thugs.  it'll end with our heros on the run again.  question is, who will get shot or eaten on the way?   i say  herschel and his lil girl are both goners.  

Your suspicions seem very likely.  I mean, really, Maggie seems like the only one of Herschel's family to have really connected with the original group.  Regardless of what happens on the farm, if/when they leave I see Maggie going with.

If Randall goes back to the thugs I'd question his sanity, too, though.  They left him for zombie bait.  I can't comprehend how anyone could forgive that.  His best bet would be to ally with a 3rd party.

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

Just caught up on demand last night because my DVR had hit the crapper over the weekend and we lost everything we had recorded.

I thought it was a good episode, but as vegefrog says, I think that they ahve to have spent that much time trying to make us care what happens to Randall for a reason.  My guess is that he escapes (obviously from the previews) and goes back to his philly peeps.  But I'm going to go with he overhears them saying that they found the farm and he goes back to warn and help Rick et al.

I think Rick and Shane finally band together and defeat the Philly group using their heads instead of brute force.  I think we lose the token black guy, since he hasnt really done anything for the show in months.

I also think that they decide to leave the farm, Maggie goes with but Herschel (while giving them the option to stay) decides to stay with his farm and his other daughter stays too.  I think they'll leave herschell on good terms though and the group will be a bit more "unbroken" after coming together for the fight.

What would be cool is if Rick and Shane took the fight to the Philly guys and maybe somehow led a drove of Walkers to their camp to take them out for them.

Anyone know when the second season comes out on netflix?  I'm still one season one Sad

- Anya