The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

Resident Sk8r boi

Random thoughts:

I think they're gonna bring back that guy (with the son and the zombie wife he didn't want to shoot) who took Rick in during that bicycle zombie episode in Season 1.  I've been wondering what happened to them.  Morgan should return ( I predict as soon as next episode) it is a fairly well known plot point in the comic. 

I don't think I've ever loathed a TV villain more than the Governor.  "Asshole" is right. ...and TV governor is a pussycat compared to the comic!

Enough already with Crazy-Cakes Rick, Vengeance Glen, unsettlingly old-before-his-time, Children of the Corn Carl, and sweet, useless lullaby singer Beth. Plus a bazillion.

I will keep watching, but I am already wondering how they are going to end this series and resolve the story.  I don't read the comics, but they've been around for over a decade, right?  I don't see this series going on much longer than, say, 6 seasons.  Will the zombie apocalypse end?  Does everyone die?  Will Rick wake up from his coma and find out that it's all been a dream?  Alternate reality?

Dream Maker

Whenever it ends, there's no way there's going to be a happy clean wrapped with a ribbon ending...be whatever survivors will be I running with zombies around them.  I would bet no sort if closure at all.

but if there were to be closure, I would bet for everyone dying.

I don't care how much they want us to like Daryl. I am willing to go along... Women deserve eye candy too and Shane is gone.  Smile

I think they're gonna bring back that guy (with the son and the zombie wife he didn't want to shoot) who took Rick in during that bicycle zombie episode in Season 1.  I've been wondering what happened to them.

If only to show Rick isn't really that crazy.

Everyone for themselves. What hitchhiker?, wonder if he's got anything good in his pack?

About time for Andrea to get whacked. Maybe Milton saves the governor by taking her out?

Get off my porch

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

About time for Andrea to get whacked. Maybe Milton saves the governor by taking her out?

Milton is a creeper.  His blind hero-worshipping of the Gov. makes me want to puke.  The Gov would totally off Milton without giving it a second thought, too.  Andrea is just flat-out weak.  My guess is she assumes in a battle that the Woodbury side would win...so she chooses to be on the winning side, rather than the side of her former friends.  I hope it ends badly for her.

The Morgan storyline is so damned bittersweet.  From the first episode to last night he and Rick have sort of swapped places.  I love how the entire thing opened up the opportunity for Michonne to bond with Rick and Carl.  Rick/Michonne/Darryll are one helluva force to go up agains the Gov and his cronies.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I thought that was a great episode.  Good callback to season 1, and the change of scenery was much needed.  With all of the hopping back and forth between the prison and Woodbury, it was important to be reminded of the dangerous, desolate, abandoned world out there.

Part of me wanted that episode to end with a shot from a distance of the car stopping and the backpacker getting in, but truth is it ended the way it needed to.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Part of me wanted that episode to end with a shot from a distance of the car stopping and the backpacker getting in, but truth is it ended the way it needed to.

Ditto.  Seeing Morgan in that state and the hitchhiker remains was a good reminder that there's a lot of Hell with only very small pockets of "civilization."

~ Sarah Kay

yeoldefatguy

A year ago Rick would have picked up the hitchhiker, fed him and help him to work into the group. They have become very cold since the farm and trust no one. I think Morgan was a wake up call to Rick of the man he was. I think if the hitchhiker was still alive when they came back they would have taken him in. I was really hoping Morgan and his son would turn up in better circumstances. I did like his fortified town though.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was really hoping Morgan and his son would turn up in better circumstances. I did like his fortified town though.

Before Morgan refused to come along I thought "wow, having him around would be awesome--he's really resourceful and would be a huge asset.  A potential game-changer."

~ Sarah Kay

Doc, my tooth hurts

Before Morgan refused to come along I thought "wow, having him around would be awesome--he's really resourceful and would be a huge asset.  A potential game-changer."

I think he for sure comes back later in the season, most likely to save Rick and/or Carl. It just wouldn't make any sense to have him come back into the story line, be all doom and gloom, and then never reappear.

Dream Maker

Okay, I get how in normal zombie apocolypse circumstances, a too big group is a liability... and anyone could be crazy and about to hurt you...

but what with mini war about to start, how does Rick not realize it would be nice to have maybe the hitchhiker and the group and such feeling loyal to him?

yeoldefatguy

When he appeared on the roof he reminded me of the cop in 28 Days Later. Dude, who had survived with his daughter in high rise away from the infected. I agree that I think he will turn up again. I also had no idea he was actually British and appeared in Snatch years ago.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

When he appeared on the roof he reminded me of the cop in 28 Days Later. Dude, who had survived with his daughter in high rise away from the infected. I agree that I think he will turn up again. I also had no idea he was actually British and appeared in Snatch years ago.

We were joking last night about how many of the main actors are Brits/Aussie...Rick, Maggie, The Gov (I think...maybe I'm remembering that wrong).

You're right, there are some similarities between him and the high-rise dad in 28DL.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think he for sure comes back later in the season, most likely to save Rick and/or Carl. It just wouldn't make any sense to have him come back into the story line, be all doom and gloom, and then never reappear.

I'd hope so, too.  That would mean leaving "his" town, though.  I'm not sure in his current mental state that this could happen.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Okay, I get how in normal zombie apocolypse circumstances, a too big group is a liability... and anyone could be crazy and about to hurt you...

but what with mini war about to start, how does Rick not realize it would be nice to have maybe the hitchhiker and the group and such feeling loyal to him?

I think Rick totally would have picked him up before Lori's death, but he's a very different man, now.  It's as if Rick and Darryll have swapped places in terms of warm-fuzzy guy.  Herschel is a much warmer character now, too.  Heck, even Merle is really being portrayed in a much more likable light than he was until a few episodes ago.  And Glenn went from being mild-mannered, resourceful, and rational to being so angsty and quick to act, but not quick to think.

~ Sarah Kay

kaleidoscopeEyes

Last night's episode was the best one in a long time, and it's probably my favorite episode of the series so far.  Great writing and some really great cinematography.  It was a relief to get out of the prison.  It was a relief to have Rick getting back to his old self.  It was nice seeing Michonne get to have some real lines.  Loved, LOVED Lennie James.

As for the hitchhiker, I was hoping it was David Banner.

I dedicate this to you, lonely hitchhiker.

My absurd inner child wanted him to turn into The Hulk and flip the car, grab Carl and inflict him with shaken baby syndrome (knocking that damn hat off his head), and pulverize Michonne's rainbow cat tchotchke souvenir.