The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

Andrea didnt just shoot Amy in head? really? The survivors are not beyond that?  My friends tell me in the comic she did.

If I get bit by a zombie, please someone shoot me in the head so I don't pop up again.

In this series, does everyone who dies  come back as zombies or just the infected?  Wondering, re: the old folk's home.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is what I am wondering, too.  I thought from the first episode that only those who have been infected become zombies...the infection kills the living Human inside, but they don't die entirely.  Amy died from a bleed-out...can she still become zombie if she died before the infection set-in?

I wouldn't think a person dying of natural causes (like the old folks) could turn zombie.  And even if a zombie bites an already dead person I don't think they can come back...but I may be proved wrong.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Durrr

This show certainly has a way of lulling viewers into a false sense of serenity --- and then abruptly plunging them into horrifying chaos. It seemed like such a harmonious, feel-good episode, with the gang of apparent Latino street toughs turning out to be kind, gentle caretakers of the elderly and the main survivor group bonding around a camp fire. But then out of nowhere a drove of zombies crashes the party, biting chunks out of anyone and everyone they can get their mouths on.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

When the zombie bit Ed I cheered...when Amy was attacked I said "no...not Amy!" Sad

~ Sarah Kay

Menace to Sobriety

This is what I am wondering, too.  I thought from the first episode that only those who have been infected become zombies...the infection kills the living Human inside, but they don't die entirely.  Amy died from a bleed-out...can she still become zombie if she died before the infection set-in?

I wouldn't think a person dying of natural causes (like the old folks) could turn zombie.  And even if a zombie bites an already dead person I don't think they can come back...but I may be proved wrong.

I think the black guy in episode 1 said the infected, bitten, etc, get a raging fever that burns them out, but then they "come back".  At some point I'll re-watch them all, but it seems like he said the bitten get sick, die (or go into some death-like state) then re-animate. I don't think someone that died from natural causes can be re-animated.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

They did it again...said "there are only 2 more episodes THIS season."  So there will be more?  I wonder how they will wrap up this season if there will be another.  It's doing so well in the ratings that I'm expecting it to continue.  Might they have 2 6th episodes in the can--one that follows the original comic and one that leaves it open for more storyline?.

Was renewed for a 13 episode 2nd season.

for audience aged 18-49 it is the highest rated cable television show in history.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Was renewed for a 13 episode 2nd season.

for audience aged 18-49 it is the highest rated cable television show in history.

Oh, awesome!!!

Though this line in that article was unintentionally (or, perhaps. intentionally?) hilarious:

"I wish all programming decisions were no brainers like this one," said Sharon Tal Yguado, SVP Scripted Programming for Fox International Channels.

~ Sarah Kay

I am liking the series and wondering how much it will be similar to the comics after reading this

http://www.ugo.com/tv/walking-dead-comparison-vatos-kidnapping-glenn

whole article, and going off on a tangent reading about "The Governor" it references.  Hard to imagine the TV show going THAT dark, but interesting to see if it does!  Sure it all has a lot more impact on the screen than some drawings... Wonder how much that will change things.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I knew the CDC guy was going to let them in (because there is a 2nd season in the works), but that was still a very on-edge final 30 seconds of episode 5.  Wow.

I'm not going to be able to see the season finale until probably weds of next week.  Man, it's going to be tough avoiding spoilers.

~ Sarah Kay

Jim... I would shoot him.  He is obviously going through what they have seen leads to becoming a walker.  Just leaving him?  Any person in the future he attracts and kills is on their hands.  Or anyone he turns and anyone they kill, so on.  Not cool.

Amy and Andrea... yeah, wouldn't happen.  Would have maybe stayed until she died... that's rough : seeing someone you love die, I have seen that; but shot her before she awakened.  It is cruel to make someone experience being a zombie. Especially to alleviate your own conscience.  And she puts her head close to the mouth to hear the breath?  How many zombies did she see return to life? Did she have the times down pat? Wouldn't feel safe.

CDC guy is creepy. Don't trust him. No no no.

Why is Amy zombie so much weaker than all the other zombies? Not that any of them have super strength, but Andrea is able to take one hand off and grab her gun with Amy inches away without Amy getting any closer to, well, eating her.  Are new zombies always weaker? That could matter later, I suppose. But then the zombies seem more like backdrop than the main storyline (the humans) in this show though.

The previews for next week...

Andrea infected? I wouldn't expect it that quickly.   it occurred to me that CDC guy is truly nutso by this point and purposefully infects her.  Or, gives her something else along a strain that makes her seem sick?  I'm just not expecting Andrea dead. I dunno.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The previews for next week...

Andrea infected? I wouldn't expect it that quickly.   it occurred to me that CDC guy is truly nutso by this point and purposefully infects her.  Or, gives her something else along a strain that makes her seem sick?  I'm just not expecting Andrea dead. I dunno.

I'm wondering about her, too.  I saw one recap of last night's episode that suggested that maybe CDC guy is looking at the group as potential new brain matter to experiment with. *shudder*

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

Having the CDC guy in there by himself reminded me WAY too much of Lost when they finally got into the hole in the ground and there was a guy there that was entering then numbers into the computer every so many hours.

He does seem a bit psycho though, and it wouldnt surprise me if he infected one of them so he could have "fresh samples" to work with.

Not sure where they are going to go with the story now, but I guess we'll see next week - I am really curious what the big "cliffhanger" will be for the season finale.

Durrr

Did anyone else recognize the powerful music that came on the soundtrack when the whole group was boldly venturing forth in an automotive caravan? That was the theme from the tragic yet epic "death of Kaneda" sequence in the sci-fi thriller Sunshine --- directed by Danny Boyle, who also happened to direct ... 28 Days Later!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Did anyone else recognize the powerful music that came on the soundtrack when the whole group was boldly venturing forth in an automotive caravan? That was the theme from the tragic yet epic "death of Kaneda" sequence in the sci-fi thriller Sunshine --- directed by Danny Boyle, who also happened to direct ... 28 Days Later!

I KNEW that was familiar...I even asked DH what that was from.

~ Sarah Kay

Durrr

It was also used during one of Hit-Girl's heroic fight scenes in the superhero action-comedy Kick-Ass (which also borrowed another music theme directly from 28 Days Later itself), and has since been used in a couple movie trailers --- and now The Walking Dead. I guess it's basically become the "go to" music for whenever a filmmaker wants to give viewers goosebumps of awe.