The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It was also used during one of Hit-Girl's heroic fight scenes in the superhero action-comedy Kick-Ass (which also borrowed another music theme directly from 28 Days Later itself), and has since been used in a couple movie trailers --- and now The Walking Dead. I guess it's basically become the "go to" music for whenever a filmmaker wants to give viewers goosebumps of awe.

Yup, I remember the 28 Days Later music in Hit-Girl...that actually distracted me, since it was so recognizable.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Having the CDC guy in there by himself reminded me WAY too much of Lost when they finally got into the hole in the ground and there was a guy there that was entering then numbers into the computer every so many hours.

He does seem a bit psycho though, and it wouldnt surprise me if he infected one of them so he could have "fresh samples" to work with.

Not sure where they are going to go with the story now, but I guess we'll see next week - I am really curious what the big "cliffhanger" will be for the season finale.

I never saw Lost.  I thought of I Am Legend, and also this scifi book (short story?) I read once where aliens had invaded and a guy was in a bunker with a doomsday device he had to keep from going off...  It was years and years ago and don't remember the title. Tried to google to no avail... too many conspiracy theories. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sneak peek from next week's season finale looks good.  Amazing how movie-quality this show has been.

~ Sarah Kay

Jim... I would shoot him.  He is obviously going through what they have seen leads to becoming a walker.  Just leaving him?  Any person in the future he attracts and kills is on their hands.  Or anyone he turns and anyone they kill, so on.  Not cool.

Amy and Andrea... yeah, wouldn't happen.  Would have maybe stayed until she died... that's rough : seeing someone you love die, I have seen that; but shot her before she awakened.  It is cruel to make someone experience being a zombie. Especially to alleviate your own conscience.  And she puts her head close to the mouth to hear the breath?  How many zombies did she see return to life? Did she have the times down pat? Wouldn't feel safe.

CDC guy is creepy. Don't trust him. No no no.

Why is Amy zombie so much weaker than all the other zombies? Not that any of them have super strength, but Andrea is able to take one hand off and grab her gun with Amy inches away without Amy getting any closer to, well, eating her.  Are new zombies always weaker? That could matter later, I suppose. But then the zombies seem more like backdrop than the main storyline (the humans) in this show though.

The previews for next week...

Andrea infected? I wouldn't expect it that quickly.   it occurred to me that CDC guy is truly nutso by this point and purposefully infects her.  Or, gives her something else along a strain that makes her seem sick?  I'm just not expecting Andrea dead. I dunno.

Yeah, I would have shot Jim too.  Not just because he's destined to be a walker and will be on a killing spree like the rest, but because it just seemed the humane thing to do.  He appeared to be in serious pain as he was dying.  I'm assuming getting bit/scratched by a walker leads to a very painful death.  Why leave him to experience that pain?  Shoot him and put him out of his misery and also avoid him becoming a walker.

I think that Amy's body was still in the process of turning into a walker when Andrea was with her, thus, the weakened stage.  Her body was still going from human dead to walker dead and wasn't totally walker dead yet.  But still, I wouldn't be down there taking any chances.  Stupid Andrea.

I'm with you and others here about the CDC guy.  Being there all by yourself with no other human contact is screwing with him mentality.  All he's been doing it seems is running his tests to find a cure for this madness, and before the group gets there, he loses samples and cannot continue working on the only thing that's keeping him busy.  I'm sure he's trying to use one of the group as his next experiment.

I'm still wondering when we'll see the racist guy who cut off his hand.  He has to show up next season.  I'm thinking he'll make it to the camp and see the note that was left on the red car about going to the CDC. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm still wondering when we'll see the racist guy who cut off his hand.  He has to show up next season.  I'm thinking he'll make it to the camp and see the note that was left on the red car about going to the CDC. 

My suspicions tell me we'll see him in this last episode of the season.  But I think you're right about him finding the red car and the note.  I hope we see the father and son from the first episode again, soon.

~ Sarah Kay

My suspicions tell me we'll see him in this last episode of the season.  But I think you're right about him finding the red car and the note.  I hope we see the father and son from the first episode again, soon.

I'm wondering what's taking him so long though.  He may have stole the van the group used when going back to Atlanta and there is still no sign of him.  He obviously knows where the camp was the group was staying at since all were talking about him beating them back.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm wondering what's taking him so long though.  He may have stole the van the group used when going back to Atlanta and there is still no sign of him.  He obviously knows where the camp was the group was staying at since all were talking about him beating them back.

He must be up to something very bad.  Maybe we won't see him during the last episode...but I'll bet he'll be in the season 2 premiere.  I'm actually surprised that he hasn't shown already.  The writers must be planning something big with him.  I wonder how his brother will fit into that.

~ Sarah Kay

Durrr

I heard a rumor that Merle might be merged with the character of the Governor from the comics. He's something like the deranged dictator of a survivors community who forces people to engage in gladiator-like battles with the undead --- all for his twisted amusement.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I heard a rumor that Merle might be merged with the character of the Governor from the comics. He's something like the deranged dictator of a survivors community who forces people to engage in gladiator-like battles with the undead --- all for his twisted amusement.

Whoa...that would be pretty cool.

~ Sarah Kay

Is this true?  The entire writing staff has been let go

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/12/01/the-walking-dead-writers-dvd/

EEEK. Making me concerned for season 2

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is odd...and a little scary.  Though I can't imagine how they would let this show fail.  This series is HUGE for AMC and for cable drama, period.

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

Interesting finish to the season last night.  Not much of a cliffhanger though.  Where do they go from here?  BAck to their little camp?

The only real cliffhanger I saw was when the doctor whispered in Rick's ear right before he left - I'm guessing he gave him maybe the name of a place they could try going to next.

And FYI, I thought it was WAY too coincidental that the day after they arrive at the CDC is the day that it is runnign out of power.

Ah-ha.  There's the grenade!

Oh, so doctor wasn't crazy and up to something...  Pretty darn rational I think.  I liked him.  Wonder what he whispered.  My guess?  Lori is pregnant.  Just cuz of the blood tests and they haven't really dealt with the scene in the words and I bet in zombie world no one thought to pick up condoms on one of the runs for supplies.

Glad Andrea is continuing on.

Glad to see what really happened in the hospital.  I like that.  And showing the stress getting to each character and how it affects as they are overwhelmed by normally stressful things plus the world ending around them.

Shane is not a nice drunk though!!

Could have had a little more before the end... that's all?

I'm sure they ended it sans big cliffhanger because they weren't sure at start it would be renewed for more.  The show was a big gamble and they wanted to be ready I'm sure.

Menace to Sobriety

Finally had a chance to catch up. I think Andrea might be the one that's preggers, with the puking and all.

They did manage to get in a good plug for the French. Obviously Matt Groening is not involved in this project in any way.

Be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Oh, so doctor wasn't crazy and up to something...  Pretty darn rational I think.  I liked him.  Wonder what he whispered.  My guess?  Lori is pregnant. 

Or that his best friend had been sleeping with his wife.

The rec' room was sure to have been wired for audio and video.

As for Merle and the van. My first thought was he loaded those walkers into the back of it and dropped them off at the campground as a form of revenge.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn