Right Toes *Hurt*! (Read 1107 times)

I am going to have to try the lace thing, my toes start with the pain and throbbing about 40 minutes into a run, like clock work and they have been that way for years. Being on my feet for a long time makes them do that too, but only my left foot.

Michelle

I am going to have to try the lace thing, my toes start with the pain and throbbing about 40 minutes into a run, like clock work and they have been that way for years. Being on my feet for a long time makes them do that too, but only my left foot.
      The lace trick is magic! I do this all the time now and it really helps!
        It sounds like you have a nueroma - a permanently aggravated nerve. I have one in my left foot. Try lacing your shoes starting with the second row up instead of the bottome row. That should alleviate the problem.
        Well, after going to a podiatrist who told me to I needed to "stretch more" and "come back in 4-5 weeks", I spoke to a 2nd podiatrist today. Told him I'm stretching a lot, but nothing's happening. Looks like the rt foot problem may be a case of metatarsalgia, induced in part from my curvy little rounded hammer-like toes. I also believe that my 2nd longer toe and high arch have something to do with it. In addition, he suspects a possible neuroma. Luckily, though irritating & ocassionally debilitating, my pain is so sporadic that shots/ surgery aren't even a consideration right now. Another thing that didn't help, he said, was that I was increasing my mileage too much, which would further irritate the nerves in my foot. I also asked him aboutmy hip pain. I'd taken a horrible fall last June rollerblading and really hurt my left ankle and left knee. My left ankle hadn't been that bad, but it's been hurting a bit lately and alas...now left hip pain! If it continues to be a problem, I'll pursue it. Right now we'll just see if a long rest will get rid of it as it all may be related. Short story is I did too much too soon. Funny thing is I told him I've felt absolutely fine...I go slow as a snail and have felt GREAT. Nothing's ached, I haven't felt winded, but all of a sudden *whamo* - all these aches and pains. He says that while my body may have been coping with minor irritation before, with the increased mileage, and only have started basically in January, it probably got to be too much. So, guess I need to take it easy. After trying a Saucony, Mizuno, New Balance and yet another New Balance shoe, I think I've finally found one that doesn't cause me pain (knock knock) so now I've just got to wait it out and let my ankle/ hip recover and start a bit "over" again. Bah! I'd never expect these problems considering how good I was feeling! Tongue
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So, guess I need to take it easy. After trying a Saucony, Mizuno, New Balance and yet another New Balance shoe, I think I've finally found one that doesn't cause me pain (knock knock) so now I've just got to wait it out and let my ankle/ hip recover and start a bit "over" again. Bah! I'd never expect these problems considering how good I was feeling! Tongue
          I'll bet that adds insult to *literal* injury. I would think if you weren't having a good time on your runs that this prognosis would be much less difficult to hear. BTW, which shoe is the one you like? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

BTW, which shoe is the one you like? k
            The 808...I also have a pair of 755's, but haven't really run too much in those yet. 808's toe area is really roomy...just what I need. I need neutral cushioning shoes- can't take stability at all...right now anyway!
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, with high arches I wouldn't think you'd need much stability. Mine are midway between average and flat. And look like duck flippers with my narrow heels and wide ball/toes. Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay