Who else would get it? (Read 531 times)

Ok... I just need to vent and well who else would get it. I have been ramping up on miles and took a rest week (21 miles) after a few weeks of increasing milage (36,36,29, then easier 21). Then I go for a run (tues) after two days of no running. I feel great. The run is easy and I felt really good with no pain. I cool down, stretch... go home... shower... sit down to work and after working (at my computer) for 2-3 hours I got up to go down stairs for dinner and WHAMO my foot is killing me. It swelled up. and the base of the 5th metatasil is sore. Feels tendony... not bony... and well to think about it... I did turn my ankle on saturday... I thought nothing of it when it happened. My foot slipped off the edge of the road and I turned my ankle... I didn't fall and I did't notice any pain when it happened. I didn't feel anything durring my run on tues but I wonder if they are related? So anyways training for cleveland marathon is in jeopardy as doing so was a stretch anyways... I went to "spirit of the marathon" last night and well it isn't helping me accept that I should probably start accepting that I am not running that. On top of that I really want to run. I miss it. So since I am afraid to bike (as it am worried it will agrivate the problem) I will just go to the gym today after work and do some upper body and core work and a long sauna... I have to wonder was it the turned ankle? did I do too much? Was it my newer shoes? I ran 70 miles on them so far? Then didn't bother me before? I didn't notice anything durring my run? Oh well I am bummed out... needed a good rant... vent...
      So you also saw how Deena handles her injury. True committment (or strength) means to keep on keeping on when things get tough (by doing what you can) and not to lose hope; and continue doing your homework when everythng is going great. Hang in there. So you may have to wait for the next marathon but you'll get there eventually. Getting mad is not going to solve the issue (easy for us to say; but we ALL been there).
      jeffdonahue

Another thing to check is how you sit at your desk. When I sit at my desk I have to pay close attention to where my feet are, otherwise I unconsciously will wrap them under my chair which just puts stress on the ankles. I got up at lunch today after having not gotten up for about 3 hours and my right ankle had some pain.

My legs are killing me

Hang in there. It may disappear as quickly as it popped up. I wouldn't give up on Cleveland yet.
            Thanks folks... it feels pretty good today but not entirely healed. I will be out and about tonight with my kids and if that walking around doesn't cause any pain then I may give an easy 4 mile run a go tomorrow morning. Undecided