Cleaning Garmin 405 (Read 733 times)

The Running Green Girl

I have tried unsuccessfully to clean my green Garmin 405 aka Mr. Green Garmin.

He's gotten really dirty and I can't seem to get him clean again.

Any ideas?

You have the power within you to do whatever it is you want to do. Rachelle Disbennett-Lee, PhD

www.therunninggreengirl.com
    xor

embrace the dirt?

Do you mean the band?  Or ye olde bezel?

an amazing likeness

I just run warm water over my Garmi and give them a rub with soapy sponge as needed....they are fairly water resistant if not comprimised in some other way.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

The Running Green Girl

Do you mean the band?  Or ye olde bezel?

The band.

You have the power within you to do whatever it is you want to do. Rachelle Disbennett-Lee, PhD

The Running Green Girl

I just run warm water over my Garmi and give them a rub with soapy sponge as needed....they are fairly water resistant if not comprimised in some other way.

Ah, thank you.  I will give that a try.  I've been trying different types of wipes and it wasn't working.

The Running Green Girl

Thank you so much!  It worked perfectly.  I used some liquid hand soap and just rubbed with my fingers.  Mr. Green Garmin looks so handsome and clean!

an amazing likeness

Thank you so much!  It worked perfectly.  I used some liquid hand soap and just rubbed with my fingers.  Mr. Green Garmin looks so handsome and clean!

Given my luck in giving advice, it will probably die on you later today, the display half-filled with water...  You will then hunt me down through the tangled web of the internet and send repeated demands for a replacement 405.  I will offer some lame excuse of a disclaimer as I stammer that "..it wasn't my fault you stuck it in the microwave to warm it up...!".  You will then pay some private detective agency $29.95 for a people search and they will give you all my vitals. You or someone you send will then show up on my doorstep and demand a new 405.  I will offer a beat-up, spare 205....which will not be acceptable. You will then strangle me with those naughty girl gator things. Oh, boy. I'm doomed.  Sigh.

I'll do it for $25.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Imminent Catastrophe

"My hovercraft is full of eels."

"Drop your panties, Sir William; I cannot wait until lunchtime!"

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

an amazing likeness

I'll do it for $25.

PM me and I'll send you all the info for $10.

The Running Green Girl

I'll do it for $25.

PM me and I'll send you all the info for $10.

Wow.  $5 anyone?