Saucony Progrid Mirage running shoe review (Read 2084 times)

SMART Approach

Purchased this shoe last week after the Brooks Ghost 3 did not feel good to me. It is a low profile show similar to the Kinvara but I think better. It offers some stability with a little plastic arc in arch and light-about 8.9 oz. Its heel is about 4 mm heel drop which fits into the minimalist market. This shoe is light but provides adequate cushioning for a 180# runner. It certainly is not super cushiony but it felt good to me.  I have run on the treadmill and outside and it feels very good. The lower heel is noticable to me but not crazy dramatic. I have not done a long run in them yet but plan on it soon. I have absolutely no issues with my bunion wearing this shoe which is a big plus for me as there is mesh in this area. It appears it will be fairly durable. I have not owned the Kinvara but did run it and it did not feel great to me. This was much better.

I feel the size is true compared to other running shoes I have purchased and the toe box is roomy which I really like. One of the ladies I coach  purchased them and thought they ran 1/2 size too small. Runningwarehouse.com  has a good deal on these in case anyone is interested in trying. They have a few colors to choose from. I chose the gray and hot pink/red sole. Not my favorite but not bad enough to return. There are other cool colors. I will post back in a month or two with more observations.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com