Any RA'ers affected? "Las Vegas marathon runners say they were sickened" (Read 1784 times)

ymmv

Not sure what you decided but apparently, it's sold out.

and no word on the course, last time I checked.

Not sure what you decided but apparently, it's sold out.

Thanks for the heads up.  I had no idea it would fill up so fast.  Luckily I was able to register today through the Kidsave organization (which had extra tickets that it was selling as a fundraiser) so I will be able to run the race after all!  That was close - it wouldn't be the end of the world if I missed it but the next local half is several months later which would have been disappointing after training for the one in March.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

Future Goals: 5:30 mile • 19:30 5k • 33:30 8k • 42:00 10k • 1:15:00 10-mile • 1:40:00 half-marathon • 1000 miles

Ojo

Smile  Thanks for the plug for Roxbury!  The entry fee did double this year, though...  from $5 to $10.

Great race!  I'll be back next year!

Sara

MM #2929

Julia1971

Thanks for the heads up.  I had no idea it would fill up so fast.  Luckily I was able to register today through the Kidsave organization (which had extra tickets that it was selling as a fundraiser) so I will be able to run the race after all!  That was close - it wouldn't be the end of the world if I missed it but the next local half is several months later which would have been disappointing after training for the one in March.

Cool.  See you in the 2012 National Marathon thread where we can all complain about all the logistical fails.  Speaking of...  YMMV, I seem to recall them changing the map last minute last year and me typing something like "I quit you, National" in that thread last year.  Will we get to see the locations of the Suntrust banks on our route?  I will write a stern Facebook post if they try to pass off a sub-fabulous map on us.