Motorola ACTV (Read 877 times)

Burninated Peasant

Back when I used to work for Motorola, I submitted a request that they create a running watch/mp3 player that would pair with a phone to track workouts in real time with sites like RA.  Looks like they finally listened to me, and threw in heart-rate monitoring headphones to boot:

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=9102&p=4451.  I won't be trying it anytime soon, since I'm a tightwad and I also have to let some injuries heal before I can put any real mileage in again, but I'd be interested in hearing how this works for anyone that actually acquires one.

co-runner

I'd be curious if it would sync with RA.  The promo info only states that it passes the data off to Motorola's new running log.  Boo.

I got a little excited about it until I hit the dirt this morning on a trail run in the dark.  My Garmin 305 hit pretty hard and was no worse for the wear.  I'm sure the ACTV would have been smashed into bits.

Burninated Peasant

I assumed there would be some way to extract a .gpx or something.  Plus, since it is an android device, it's only a matter of time before someone roots it and makes it customizable.

Schmize

I think this thing will be awesome....for *some* people anyway.  Hope they listen to the communities and make it downloadable to any log.

An in-depth review of the device is up on the DCRainmaker blog. Really interesting product. I don't run with music, but alot of folks do. Garmin really has some competition now with products like this and the Timex Run Trainer - should lead to better options for all of us down the road.

2014 - Get 5k back under 20:00.  Stay healthy!