Obama won.. (Read 1497 times)

Prince of Fatness

top 2%.

Only the top 2% make over $250K?  That's a serious question ... not trying to be a smart ass.

Not at it at all. 

No Talent Drips

I suggest you re-read my post a few times as you clearly did not understand it.  In no way does saying we need to stop voting in the same failed politicians to push the same failed policies equate to inciting armed rebellion.  I would hope no one thinks we are so bad off in this country that we need to take the same type of extreme steps as Egypt/Syria/Lybia etc. 

posted: 11/9/2012 at 11:05 AM
        modified: 11/9/2012 at 11:07 AM

. never mind.

I do not think this means what you think this means.

Dei Gratia

xor

Ok, now that right there is funny.

Feeling the growl again

I do not think this means what you think this means.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Only the top 2% make over $250K?  That's a serious question ... not trying to be a smart ass.

Somewhere in that ballpark yeah. $380k is top 1%, $160k is top 5% so extrapolate, carry the one, lick your index finger and hold it in the air...close to that.

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

Somewhere in that ballpark yeah. $380k is top 1%, $160k is top 5% so extrapolate, carry the one, lick your index finger and hold it in the air...close to that.

No shit.  Thanks then, did not realize that.

OK so given that I still think that number may be a bit low to raise taxes on.  But then again I work for a small family owned business so maybe I am biased.

Not at it at all. 

We're all biased. That's why democracy is a good thing.

Runners run

No shit.  Thanks then, did not realize that.

OK so given that I still think that number may be a bit low to raise taxes on.  But then again I work for a small family owned business so maybe I am biased.

I wouldn't call that biased... just understanding that what seems like a lot to some, isn't that much to others. For starters, some parts of the country are a lot more expensive to live than others. 

I wouldn't call that biased... just understanding that what seems like a lot to some, isn't that much to others. For starters, some parts of the country are a lot more expensive to live than others. 

I think that's actually the definition of bias.

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

Yeah I'm in NJ.  Don't get me wrong, 250K is not pocket change even here (I don't make that, not close, and I survive).  But I still I see raising taxes on that number as being harmful.  People making that much here and owning businesses have more overhead to cover than I.

And Mikey, I couldn'f agree more.

Not at it at all. 

Those numbers are AGI by the way, so after most deductions. People making $250k AGI are doing pretty well, even in high cost of living areas like NY, NJ and here in the Boston area.

Runners run

Why is it sideways?

I suggest you re-read my post a few times as you clearly did not understand it.  In no way does saying we need to stop voting in the same failed politicians to push the same failed policies equate to inciting armed rebellion.  I would hope no one thinks we are so bad off in this country that we need to take the same type of extreme steps as Egypt/Syria/Lybia etc. 

I erased that post for a reason. It was dumb.

Those numbers are AGI by the way, so after most deductions. People making $250k AGI are doing pretty well, even in high cost of living areas like NY, NJ and here in the Boston area.

Also important to note that taxes on the first $250k will be unchanged. It's only the income earned beyond that which would be subject to a 39% rate rather than today's 35%.

I'm not complaining about dsyfunctional democracy- I'm pretty happy.  All that $ Karl Rove and the Koch brothers put up to spread lies didn't work.  Here in Washington State we just elected a Democratic governor and voted in marraige equality.  Hearing news folks talk about changing demographics gives me hope for the country- as soon as all those old white guys die off things will get better. Hey ,wait!  I'm an old white guy- shoot, I won't be here to enjoy it.

Here's some post-election thought from one of my favorite people.

Ohio really did go to President Obama last night.

And he really did win.

And he really was born in Hawaii.

And he really is legitimately President of the United States.

And the Bureau of Labor Statistics did not make up a fake unemployment rate last month.

And the Congressional Research Service really can find no evidence hat cutting taxes on rich people grows the economy.

And the poles were not skewed to over sample Democrats.

And Nat Silver was not making up fake projections about the election to make conservatives feel bad.

Nate Silver was doing math.

And Climate Change is real.

And rape really does cause pregnancy sometimes.

And evolution is a thing.

And Benghazi was an attack on us, it was not a scandal by us.

And nobody is taking away anyone's guns.

And taxes have not gone up.

And the deficit is dropping, actually.

And Saddam Hussein did not have weapons of mass destruction.

And the Moon landing was real.

And FEMA is not building concentration camps.

And UN observers are not taking over Texas.

And moderate reforms of the regulations on the insurance industry and the financial services industry in this country are not the same thing as communism.

Rachel Maddow

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's some post-election thought from one of my favorite people.

I spent election night flipping between watching her and "Drunk Diane Sawyer."  It was a good night. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay