Obama won.. (Read 1497 times)

I spent election night flipping between watching her and "Drunk Diane Sawyer."  It was a good night. Smile

I missed the whole Diane Sawyer thing that night but saw clips after. I was flipping between local election results and MSNBC while following on Twitter (yeah, I'm that bad) but flipped over to Fox after Ohio to watch the "avalanche on Bullshit Mountain". Seeing their manufactured alternate reality crumble around them before their eyes was priceless. "Is this the math you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?"

From the perspective of this European, a moderate Republican did win the election.

Yeah.  It is a mystery how people call a president who has continued Bush's policies internationally while not allowing the bread and circus tax cuts to expire, preemptively taking the public option off the table and caving to so many demands from the minority party can possibly be considered an extreme liberal -- at least if you judge by his record.  Can someone name one single extremely liberal policy that he has enacted?  I admire his willingness to bend over backwards to compromise with the minority party, but really... he's not even moderately liberal. 

xor

You mean besides healthcare reform that involves the government?

+1

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

xhristopher

+1

Let's not get carried away. Isn't Romney, a moderate Republican, a pioneer in healthcare reform? Thanks to his healthcare reform the government in my state now assists the poor with healthcare coverage if they can't afford it.

Here's his official governor portrait. That symbolic object lying on his desk near his knee is his healthcare reform law. Clearly he's proud of it and wanted it to be shown as part of his legacy.

MTA: Cheer Up, RepublicansYou’re going to have a moderate Republican president for the next four years: Barack Obama. (from the liberal news magazine, Slate)

Let's not get carried away. Isn't Romney, a moderate Republican, a pioneer in healthcare reform? Thanks to his healthcare reform the government in my state now assists the poor with healthcare coverage if they can't afford it.

Here's his official governor portrait. That symbolic object lying on his desk near his knee is his healthcare reform law. Clearly he's proud of it and wanted it to be shown as part of his legacy.

MTA: Cheer Up, RepublicansYou’re going to have a moderate Republican president for the next four years: Barack Obama. (from the liberal news magazine, Slate)

I don't think I've supported the Republican party in the last few years.

So, your response to my response doesn't hit home with me.  

Seems like Sr.Lopez answered ClevelandMark's post in a manner that seems correct.  Yes, Obamacare seems like a liberal bill.

(I'm disobeying my self imposed penalty box policy of 1 post per week with this post.  I'll either avoid this thread or read from it).

Cheers,
              Brian

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Cool Jump Suit

We're all biased. That's why democracy is a good thing.

There once was a dream that was Rome.  It shall be realized.

So bittersweet,
                This tragedy
                Won't ask for absolution;
                This melody,
                Inside of me,
                Still searches for solution.
                A twist of faith,
                A change of heart
                Cures my infatuation.
                A broken heart, 
                Provides the spark
                For my determination.

xor

Sigh.

I wasn't even talking about Romney.  I was responding to the point that the other guy, the dude who won, did nothing in his first term that would be considered "moderately liberal", whatever the hell that means.  Not D, nor R... "moderately liberal".

Yall have fun.

Humble brag: I helped invent slate's server architecture and got it out the door in late 1995/early 1996.

xhristopher

Mitt Romney was presented by the Republican Party as its standard bearer in November 2012. That's all.
                    LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Humble brag: I helped invent slate's server architecture and got it out the door in late 1995/early 1996.

Excellent.  I trust that work made you wealthy.

xor

Your trust is misplaced.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Your trust is misplaced.

How apropos for a political thread.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I erased that post for a reason. It was dumb.

Becomes a popular meme.  Erases the whole internet overnight.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

I would call single payer "liberal."  I think the Affordable Care Act was a masterpiece of the politics of of the possible, and I think it's a great start.  But given that the ideas in it were pretty much all initially Republican proposals, I would not consider it liberal.  By the way, I think a lot of good government work gets done exactly that way --- by taking ideas from everyone and writing them into law. Look at the Earned Income Tax credit, for example --- a Reagan idea that has been expanded by Democrats and --- by all accounts --- is a huge success at getting people out of poverty.

But, I don't consider the President particularly liberal, certainly not extremely liberal. 

xor

erasing this not because it was dumb but because... what's the point.

(I never said anything whatsoever about "extremely" nor did I bring up political parties.)