National Run to Work Day (Read 1037 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hmmm. I live just outside Boston and work in Hopkinton. Anyone tried that route?

I think you have to qualify to do that.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Best Present Ever

I live 1.2 miles from work. While I often run by my office, I don't run to my office. However, I do walk to work everyday. About once a month (happened yesterday) a co worker will screech to a halt and offer me a ride, assuming my car broke down since I was walking 'all the way' to work.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

It turns out that Fri, Feb 24 is National Run to Work Day.  I used to love running to work, and I'm glad they are encouraging people to give it a shot.  Two birds, One stone.  (And, yes, you can get squeaky clean with a sink, a bar of soap, and a washcloth).

Don't need sink, soap or wash cloth. Baby wipes and solid deodorant do a fine job - used it for years after lunch time workouts - when I was working that is. As a retiree I generally have no place to run to so it will be an out and back from the house. LOL I am doing seasonal tax work tho but not within reasonable running/walking distance from the house. So out and back it will have to be.

bob e v
        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Prince of Fatness

There should be a National Run from Work Day.

Not at it at all. 

Oh roo roooo!

And ideally more than one of these!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'd like this to be spontaneous rather than scheduled.