Jogging Stroller Recommendations Needed :) (Read 1637 times)

Stacks

Second (third??) the Chariot.  

Not designed as a running only model (you can get attachments for bike, skis, etc.), but is good for running.

For cold climates, though, the Chariot has be the fave.  It is bombproof and you can seal the kid in there incredibly snugly.  With the running configuration (fixed large wheel at front) they are winter baby-haulers of choice in frigid Ottawa, even among the more sedentary.  Baby is sheltered from the elements, and with those big wheels, they can get over just about any snow bank nature might throw in your way.

Alas not cheap, but they do hold value very well.  

Way back in 2008, I would have to sneak out of the house to run in sub-50F temps, alone, mind you.  Baby steps. 

Thanks, though.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Bob Revolution for 150 bones off eBay! Seller was a local and it's for pickup only.  So, I competed against one person!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

xhristopher

Bob Revolution for 150 bones off eBay! Seller was a local and it's for pickup only.  So, I competed against one person!

I seem to recall getting into an argument with someone else on one of the 99,320 other jogging stroller threads about the lack of a front brake in that rig. I'm sure I pointed out more about my stubbornness than the actual need for a brake when going down hill and stuff... Otherwise it sounds solid and you got a good deal. 

Our Bob got saw a crap load of duty. Hope yours does too. Have fun.

I'm late to the party I guess, but my wife just picked me up a Schwinn Joyrider Jogger (my first Father's day gift).  Tried it out tonight and am very pleased.  My little girl seemed to really enjoy the ride.  It handled all of the ruts, bumps, and off road (mostly just grass) that I threw at it without her getting too rough of a ride (we were dodging people on the local running path, didn't try trail running with it).  I'd definitely recommend.  Looks like it's quite a bit cheaper than Bob or BabyJogger brand but still seems very well built to me.

Lestorke

spam

rhetorician

am not in US or would probably have bought BOB - I have a baby jogger which is great for running and as general purpose buggy. It's worth paying the extra (and getting some extras - foot muff, rain cover etc, pump) and the resale value on these running joggers is pretty good, so you will get lots of use out of it. Spread over 3 years, a good quality jogger will more than repay you in terms of preserving your sanity if you can still run with a small baby!!

2012 goals

lose 8lbs

run injury free

run 3000k

run sub 60 min 10k

run 2 hour half

2013 goals

run 1750 miles

run injury free

sub 55 10k

sub 25 5k

sub 2 hour half