Chia........... (Read 119 times)

Running Chick

I started incorporating chia seeds into my diet (sprinkle in salads, that sort of thing) as I read they were a superfood for runners in particular.  And it seems it has been a good addition in my diet (but that could be coincidental or in my head)  Wink  Anyone have any experience with chia?.........  love.

I mix up a version of iskiate with some juice from a plastic lime and a couple shots of liquid Splenda, 2-3 spoons of chia in my water bottle and drink it as an afternoon snack to tide me over till dinner. I'm pretty sure it makes me fasterSmile

Nooooo!  Don't eat Chia on your food!

Doing so will cause the price of Chia seeds to go up, and if the price of Chia seeds goes up, then the price for me to purchase my Chia Obama and Chia Britney will get more expensive......

PS.  Please just stick to Sesame seeds for food.  they taste better, and they cannot be used on a Chia.   (Well, you can, but the chia really looks like @$$ once it is done growing.  Smile

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Running Chick

thanks.  i needed to read about chia britney and chia obama after yesterday.  thank you for lightening my spirit a bit.  love.

FSBD

Isn't it kind of weird that there is a Chia Homer Simpson?

Doesn't giving him a Chia Afro kind of take away his essence?

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

I have fallen in love with the chia seeds and have been eating them daily for the past week usually in juice or mixed in with yogurt.

I've found that a medicine cup of salba/chia seeds chased down with some water can cure hunger pains for quite a while.  Plus, it makes me feel connected with the Tarahumara and their running ability...

ericajohnson3422

It's great to hear that you have started incorporating chia seeds into your diet! Chia seeds are a good source of nutrients, including fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids, and they have been shown to have several potential health benefits. If you are located in Saudi Arabia and are looking for a supplier of confectionery ingredients supplier Saudi Arabia, there are several options available to you. Many international companies have a presence in the country, and there are also local suppliers who can provide a wide range of ingredients.

Some studies have suggested that chia seeds may be beneficial for runners, as they can help to improve hydration and electrolyte balance, and may also help to reduce inflammation and improve endurance. However, it is important to note that more research is needed to fully understand the effects of chia seeds on athletic performance.

Overall, chia seeds can be a healthy addition to any diet, but it is important to consume them in moderation and to include a variety of other nutrient-rich foods as well. If you are considering adding chia seeds to your diet, it is a good idea to speak with a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian to ensure that they are a safe and appropriate choice for you.