I can RUN!!!!! (Read 704 times)

A little history.  Last year was my biggest consecutive bit of running.  January to Oct.  By Oct, I was on a pretty good roll, especially for me.  I woke up one morning with a herniated disk that just got worse and worse.  After 3 monthes I was praying to just have my life back, forget running.  It would be great to just go thru the day without popping pain pills and being able to sleep at night again.  2 Cortizone shots and 3 monthes later, 90% better.  Several more monthes, better yet.  Ok, now I have my life back and my wife hasn't divorced me due to me moping around and biting everyones head off for 6 monthes.  So, now its summer and there is yard work to do.  Turns out, can't do a whole lot of that without the neck acting up.  Some friends at work are doing P90X every day at lunch.  I decided to try the yoga session.  Not bad, felt pretty good.  Started walking at lunch and doing yoga occaisonally.  Some of the positions still seemed to aggravate neck, so just kept with the walking.  Then I tried the x-stretch session.  I only do it for 30 min then I go for a walk at lunch.  The first 30 mins of the video are stretching of the neck, shoulders, back.  I've been doing that for a few weeks every day.  30min stretch and then either walk or hobble/run 3 miles.  This weekend I hobbled 6 miles.  Very slow, wouldn't actually call it running, but I was moving at a faster clip than walking.  Today, it was 90deg and pretty humid.  I figured if I ran, I would be back sooner.  The 2nd mile actually felt like I running.  Thats just 1 mile, but I could feel it.  My neck runs on a 24hr delay, so hopefully it will be good tomorrow.  A few more of these runny feeling days and I might actually have to start logging again.

I sit here staring at this post, all giddy about running one mile wondering if I am going to jinx myself by posting it.

Click.

Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.
      but you didn't put it in your log!  It's not official till it's in your log!!!

but you didn't put it in your log!  It's not official till it's in your log!!!

Official now. 

Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.

Lazy idiot

Good to see you back, slosh!

Tick tock

I read your story with interest mate, and just wanted to say "Well Done".

Its great to see your running again.  Long may your continued recovery go on.

Stu.